New DLT Exclusive Hinderer XM-18 3.5" Spearpoint with a Swedge

More with the sandblasted hardware installed. This thing flips like a dream!
Thanks again Jordan@DLT Jordan@DLT !
2qA2uEw.jpg

1NTDdMz.jpg

Ye1yBej.jpg

5S1uaOo.jpg

VKJCPU0.jpg

L8mDQHl.jpg

CEQUPpg.jpg

Last edited:
More with the sandblasted hardware installed. This thing flips like a dream!
Thanks again Jordan@DLT Jordan@DLT !
2qA2uEw.jpg

1NTDdMz.jpg

Ye1yBej.jpg

5S1uaOo.jpg

VKJCPU0.jpg

L8mDQHl.jpg

CEQUPpg.jpg

It looks great ! And I agree they are by far the best flippers of any Hinderers I've handled.

I love the bronze and the green ... I'm afraid to look at DLT anymore or I'll end up with another lol.

I hope I can get some pictures tomorrow ... group shots of everything .. for the before and after shots ... I've changed a few things but have alot I want to try ...

and a couple will be headed to Josh at REK to remove the flipper tabs ... but as nice as these flip I may have to keep one with the tab ...

Thanks DLT :thumbsup: ... a great exclusive.

It looks great ! And I agree they are by far the best flippers of any Hinderers I've handled.

I love the bronze and the green ... I'm afraid to look at DLT anymore or I'll end up with another lol.

I hope I can get some pictures tomorrow ... group shots of everything .. for the before and after shots ... I've changed a few things but have alot I want to try ...

and a couple will be headed to Josh at REK to remove the flipper tabs ... but as nice as these flip I may have to keep one with the tab ...

Thanks DLT :thumbsup: ... a great exclusive.

I want a smooth battle bronze scale for mine. I'm sitting here watching Bama vs Georgia and I haven't put this knife down yet!

I like a good flipper ... but they are just a hair small for me to get a good hammer grip the tab bites in ...

But I am going to use and handle one awhile and see if I can get a comfortable enough grip to keep one as a flipper.

I was looking at the smooth Ti also ... but have lots of extra goodies on their way ... may end up trying one later ...

but I really like the textured Ti scales I got for a couple.

Really good looking blade shape. Nice to hear they’re offering something other than nylon washers. That always put me off. Tempting...

How’s the edge thickness on these?

The flipper is what makes it a Hinderer to me! Sure, I can flick them open with the blade stops, but flipping it is funner!

I suppose my next XM could be a flipper. Haven't had a flipper XM in 5 years. So why not.

Regarding the new pivot system. I have mixed feelings. I'd be down to try the new full track without the clip on tool etc.

The nice thing about these ... they are Gen 6 and if you prefer the washers it comes with nylon washers and bronze phosphor washers and are easy to switch out.

You guys are killing me !!!
I’m so on the fence wanting a grey g10 stonewash !
A hinderer m390 on bearings sounds like a dream come true and I love the options for washers .

I can tell you these are the smoothest flipping Hinderers I have ever handled ... and I prefer non flippers ... but I may leave at least one of these with the flipper tab ... it's that nice!

And I really like this new grind ... it just looks good.

Last edited:
The swede looks cool, but doesn't it make sharpening with a clamp more challenging?

The swede looks cool, but doesn't it make sharpening with a clamp more challenging?

I think this is a legitimate question. Not all of us use EdgePro or are proficient free handers. I started with the KME system based on recommendations in the sharpening discussions. Still learning but making good progress and managed to achieve some beautiful edges. I also wonder if a wedge grind would pose a problem with clamp style systems.

Last edited:
Anymore pictures to hold me over? Or a video of some working finish and battle blue would be cool lol.

Im having trouble. My only full size folder is an Esee Avispa ATM. Yes it works. But it's driving me nuts.

Back