New DLT Exclusive Hinderer XM-18 3.5" Spearpoint with a Swedge

Got one today.

2v93yaf.jpg

90sw1j.jpg

Two things.

1. The knife arrived and it was killer. However it had some detent issues etc. So I sent it back for an exchange and DLT has been the bomb. It's certainly a rare occurrence.

2. The Smooth CF Scale I ordered from another vendor was actually out of stock.

So I'm empty handed for now. The replacement will arrive around next Thursday

I'm going to go with Battle blue, working blade and Translucent Green Scale.

I'm going stir crazy :confused::D

How does the Battle Black DLC finish hold up on the blade and titanium? I am seriously eyeing that orange and black one at DLT right now, damn that thing looks freaking good!

Two things.

1. The knife arrived and it was killer. However it had some detent issues etc. So I sent it back for an exchange and DLT has been the bomb. It's certainly a rare occurrence.

2. The Smooth CF Scale I ordered from another vendor was actually out of stock.

So I'm empty handed for now. The replacement will arrive around next Thursday

I'm going to go with Battle blue, working blade and Translucent Green Scale.

I'm going stir crazy :confused::D

Sorry to hear you got one with a detent issue ... mine Gen 6s have all been spot on and have great flipper action ...

but you are in good hands with DLT ... I'm sure they will get you fixed up ...

I haven't tried the CF scales ... I'm a bit hard on CF scales ... but the Ti both textured and smooth are really nice.

Hopefully you'll have one back and be as happy with it as I have been.

Just got mine in today, stonewashed blade, blue ti with translucent scale, and it's awesome. I have a gen 4 spearpoint sitting next to it and can't believe how much thinner the grind is on this swear point. Trying to do this one knife for one year challenge with my inkosi but had to have this in my collection.

P.s.- it's definitely mine now, just cut my thumb to the bone with it!

Just got mine in today, stonewashed blade, blue ti with translucent scale, and it's awesome. I have a gen 4 spearpoint sitting next to it and can't believe how much thinner the grind is on this swear point. Trying to do this one knife for one year challenge with my inkosi but had to have this in my collection.

P.s.- it's definitely mine now, just cut my thumb to the bone with it!

Yikes ... hope you didn't damage any tendons or anything to much ... and heal up quickly.

But I agree DLT hit this out of the park ... I love the new grind :thumbsup:

It was
Yikes ... hope you didn't damage any tendons or anything to much ... and heal up quickly.

But I agree DLT hit this out of the park ... I love the new grind :thumbsup:
It was on the inside of the first knuckle. I checked to make sure I had full mobility before I wrapped it up in gauze and duck tape. Thanks for the healing wishes and hopefully it will be all good to go.

I have three Hinderer XM18s now (all snapped up within the past month), and definitely see the appeal of the brand. I do need to grab one of these from DLT soon.

You have to pick up a Gen6 for sure, the best Hinderers made to date!
I agree the action with the bearings is amazing. I have a gen4 non flipper slicer that is smooth as can be but it doesn’t compare to the gen6!

Agreed the Gen 6s are just a step up ... and this DLT Exclusive Spearpoint with a Swedge is one of my favorite Hinderers for sure !!!

Kudos to DLT again ... if you get a chance to check them out they are just a sweet blade.

When you guys say gen 6 action is much better than gen 4, are you comparing ball bearings with washers, or washers with washers?

I replaced my two gen 4 hinderers with polished PB washers and the action is both better now than before. They flip reliably in any directions without any wrist action needed. Not fall shut but pretty close.

Does gen 6 on washers fall shut?

When you guys say gen 6 action is much better than gen 4, are you comparing ball bearings with washers, or washers with washers?

I replaced my two gen 4 hinderers with polished PB washers and the action is both better now than before. They flip reliably in any directions without any wrist action needed. Not fall shut but pretty close.

Me too. All 3 of my gen 4s were converted to PB washers and were oh so smooth. Until I got a gen 6 with the ball bearings...:thumbsup:

Yes I have some Gen 4s and a Gen5 and have used phosphor washers or even polished up the area and the nylon washers are smoother that way ... but nothing like the Gen 6s IMHO ...

the Gen 6s I've gotten 4 now just are another step up ... they come with the bearings installed ... I did try both the nylon and phosphor washers and they are even better on those than my Gen 4s ... the detents have all been perfect so they fire out ... they almost feel like a different knife ...

if it tells you how much I like the Gen 6s actions ... I prefered Hinderer XM-18s as non flippers and have had a couple flipper tabs removed because my hand is just big enough the tabs bit in when I used a tight hammer grip ...

but the Gen 6s flip so nice that I have been playing with grips and found some solid grips that I can use them and keep them as flippers ...because it seemed so wrong to remove the tabs on any knife that had such a smooth action.

They are definately the smoothest Hinderers that I have ever owned.

And I never checked on washers I guess ... but yes the Gen 6s fall shut on the bearings ... so I would expect them to on washers if set right.

Back