New DLT Exclusive Hinderer XM-18 3.5" Spearpoint with a Swedge

Really close to pulling the trigger on one of these. Anybody do a Battle Blue/Smooth Carbon Fiber combo?

Did the battle blue but I do not care for CF scales on any knife ... I prefer something tougher.

The detent on all my Gen 6s is near perfect ... tight enough it fires open like a flipper should ...

I can open them with the thumb studs but since they fire so nicely I never felt the need to ...

I have a few Gen 4 non flippers that I love ... until these Gen 6s with the new pivot system came out I had a flipper tab removed ... and was thinking I'd do the same on the Gen 6s ... because it is a tight fit for my hand ...

but the Gen 6s fire so well that I played with different grips and found grips that allow me to comfortably use them with the flipper tabs on ...

and it should break in some .. but I will say you may want to take it apart clean and very lightly lube it ... that may change the feel for you ...

Last edited:
I'm not sure which models will come out or when ... with the Fulltracks realease and some other projects it may take a bit to see more Gen 6s show up ...

about all you can do is go to dealer sites and request a notification when an item is in stock.

Just wanted to point out that battle black and black stonewashed dlc are two different finishes so if you want them to match make sure you order the right one. I too plan on doing stonewashed black dlc with copper. You can buy black replacement screws at some knife dealers. I just found them on knifecenter and I am sure others have them too.

Thanks D Diablogt90 I couldnt tell if the descriptor of DLC applied to the blade alone or blade and backside Ti.

New to Hinderer, but love the Vintage!

Thanks D Diablogt90 I couldnt tell if the descriptor of DLC applied to the blade alone or blade and backside Ti.

New to Hinderer, but love the Vintage!

The finish on the blade of mine is the same as the titanium back side. Battle black appears to be more of a distressed type look with some roughing up around the edges, at least from what I can tell in pictures, but you can order both battle black and black stonewashed dlc titanium scales.

Here is a link to battle black and you can see it is less shiny and has a sort of white or bare metal look around the edges.
https://www.dlttrading.com/hinderer-3-5-xm-18-sheepsfoot-battle-black-dlc-black-g-10

Here is mine for reference.
42SR5ZV.jpg

Really tempted to pick on of these up. I take it the detents are pretty stiff? I had a skinny slicer recently that I wasn't fond of thanks to a ridiculous detent.

Wonder why the battle green is $25 more than the other battle colors. Wish knifecenter would get some cool versions, I have $80 in rewards just sitting there...anyone want to trade rewards lol

Really tempted to pick on of these up. I take it the detents are pretty stiff? I had a skinny slicer recently that I wasn't fond of thanks to a ridiculous detent.

The detent is absurd on all of the Gen 6 I have handled. There is a fine line. My Gen 4 has a dialed in detent that flips with no wrist action. The the thumb stud works great using the pad of your thumb with no pain as well as the flipper. Just.... Spot on.

I've owned two Gen 6 and modified the second which was slightly better but still way too hard. . I've also handled one that my friend ordered. Same thing.

Here is the thing. I'm a huge RHK fan just like CRK. I just happen to think the new bearing system and lock bar insert are putting this knife in the ZT category.

Gen 4 seems to be the pinnacle of RHK (For me) and that totally bums me out. The upside is, I can get the knives I want in the $275-375$ range (for now)

It's best to call a spade , a spade. It saves everybody alot of time and YES. I'm rocking an XM 18.

Last edited:
Welp, that makes 2 new Hinderers bought in the span of 4 days. This is an awful habit, er, hobby.
Jus had to order a Swedge Battle Blue/WF 3.5 XM-18!

well as long as you don't over extend yourself ... this are a pretty good way to spend a little on ... I completely changed my opinions of Hinderer flippers woth the Gen 6s and specifically these DLT exclusives ...

I hope to pick up one more Gen 6 with the Sheepsfoot blade .. I have some ambitious ideas for it ...if/when they are available again ...

I'd love to see them in some of the working finish or battle colors ... sohoping after the big release on the fulltracks we'll see more Gen 6s show up ...

I have been real tempted to buy another ofthese SwedgedSpearpoints too ... I may end up going that route and trying at least part of the plan I have for a sheepsfoot Gen 6 ...

I'll have a nice sample size of 2 brand new Tri-Ways to give my detent feedback on. I thought of asking them to specifically pick out one for me before (with good detents/action) it ships, but the quantities are getting so limited, I figured just take my chances.
I already want a Gen6 XM-18 3.0 Slicer next! Then I'm done!

I'll have a nice sample size of 2 brand new Tri-Ways to give my detent feedback on. I thought of asking them to specifically pick out one for me before (with good detents/action) it ships, but the quantities are getting so limited, I figured just take my chances.
I already want a Gen6 XM-18 3.0 Slicer next! Then I'm done!
I think you’ll like the detent how it is and the bearings. I have 3 gen 6 Hinderers and I wouldn’t change a thing about them. They hit a home run with their gen 6 knives.

I prefer a strong detent on flippers, so for me the Gen 6 is a big win. My Gen 4 is quite a bit lighter but I’ve finally got it dialed in where I am very happy with it, and it no longer takes any wrist action. And I finally got my Gen 4 centered!! But as far as the detents on the Gen 6, I think Rick nailed it!

I completely changed my opinions of Hinderer flippers woth the Gen 6s and specifically these DLT exclusives ...
I really like the DLT exclusives, too. I'm not getting rid if any of my gen 4s, but I definitely like the gen 6 ones that I have more.

how do you guys sharpen the deep swedged model? I really want a harpoon spanto gen 6 next if they decide to make those, anyone have a clue if they will ever come?

I’ve just been touching mine up once a week on the Sharpmaker. I went back to bearings in my Swear Point tonight after two weeks of PB. Theirs just nothing like the bearings in these Gen 6’s!

You have yours reprofiled to match the 40 on the sharpmaker or are you free handing it?

Last edited:
Back