New Doug Ritter folder

Huh, the handle on the Hogue looked slimmer, but per the above video it's actually a bit thicker than the Griptillian. Unless of course the BM Grip in 20CV and G10 scales is thinner than a standard Grip - which I doubt.

It is a Hogue clone of a Benchmade knife. :p

Thanks for posting up the video. I like this more than the BM version so far but yeah I kinda agree.

The video answered a lot of questions and I will def get one soon.

The Hogue Ritter looks like a very fine knife. But I ve already got the Ritter Griptilian which I really like. Just as I ve not been tempted to get the Grip with 20 cv steel, neither am I interested in adding the Hogue Ritter to my collection. The light standard handles on the Ritter Griptilian are plenty strong and fine with me.

Huh, the handle on the Hogue looked slimmer, but per the above video it's actually a bit thicker than the Griptillian. Unless of course the BM Grip in 20CV and G10 scales is thinner than a standard Grip - which I doubt.

The -1 series with G10 handles are slightly thinner than the standard Grip.

The Hogue Ritter looks like a very fine knife. But I ve already got the Ritter Griptilian which I really like. Just as I ve not been tempted to get the Grip with 20 cv steel, neither am I interested in adding the Hogue Ritter to my collection. The light standard handles on the Ritter Griptilian are plenty strong and fine with me.

The 20cv grip has open construction, g10 scales with full liners, and upgraded steel. These are nontrivial differences with the standard grip. I do agree the differences between Ritter Hogue and Ritter Grip are not that big.

Same blade shape. If you wanted different grips I would go the custom griptilian scale route. The Hoguetilian isn't compatible with aftermarket griptilian handle scales anyway. Besides it is good to be happy with what you have.
http://generallythinking.com/hedonic-adaptation/
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hedonic_treadmill
I would like to know if the Able lock is differn't from the Ganzo lock?
The patent expired on the axis lock. As I understand it, the design is basically the same with no parts interchangeable between the axis, ABLE and ganzo.

The 20cv grip has open construction, g10 scales with full liners, and upgraded steel. These are nontrivial differences with the standard grip. I do agree the differences between Ritter Hogue and Ritter Grip are not that big.
There is a lot to like about the 20cv grip when compared with the standard grip. But when compared with the Ritter grip, the blade steels are comparable. The open construction g10 handles are nice and posibbly a little stronger than the standard handles on the Rittergrip. But the Ritter grip handles are plenty strong and lighter. Factor in the price difference, and I can see why Benchmade discontinued the Ritter grip. It made most of their other knives look too expensive. In other words, it was their best value. IMO.

I'm thinking about a blade swap from my m390 Ritter into my gray and blue G10 20CV grip handles. No need for the HogueRitter. :rolleyes:

Carried mine for a few days is really nice,I also have a standard griptilian and the hogue carries better for me the Grip is a little clunky whereas the hogue has nice tapered g10 to the spine...It seems to me that the overall thickness is the same but the hogue has better ergos super easy carry, the m390 is crazy sharp and super smooth deploy. I hope they make a mid version,I like the mini but I think they are actually too small

Interested in hearing more about feel in hand and Hogue's F&F on these for those who are receiving one soon. Please report back to this thread if you can :D

Back