New Doug Ritter folder

i'm willing to wait for my second one,you guys are missing a fine knife I have one already and its awesome.......its not like i have a shortage of hands on equipment available,carried my rex45 military a couple of days ago and my massdrop perpetua yesterday-been trying to bring myself to carry the CS large voyager it has a little mass to it that takes some getting used to.

Last edited:
I ordered mine 10-17 and still haven’t heard anything. I’m sure it’ll be a quality piece, I’m just getting anxious.

Just received it. Oh boy is it good. I've owned up to 50+ Benchmades & this Ritter is thee one BM should have made. G2FP177. My thoughts IMO, pic heavy (sorry for length):
  1. F&F is around 98% perfect. (I'm a detailer/draftsman/machinist, my smallest tool I use in my CNC mill machine is .006". Sewing needles run around .024" so 100% perfect to me is +/-.0005")
  2. Ergos also 98% perfect. (Pocket clip is too high from the scale, creates hot spots. Replaced w/ BM pocket clip. Blue loctite on screws from Hogue...very good)
  3. Jimping is good even on the blade. (Hard to do on stone washed blades. CRK does post machining to fix the rounding of the blade jimping.)
  4. Able lock pin O.D. is .154" vs. .153" on my BM 950. (Good)
  5. Scales in hand are about 20% better than my BM Ritter w/ aftermarket micarta Knives Ship For Free scales & those were real good.
  6. They have oiled it real good. After break in, I'll disassemble it, polish & lube it to make it as smooth as my very used 950. Blade deployment is smooth, Able lock bar needs break in.
  7. There is minimal blade play. As much as all the BM's I've had before. I lean to minimum play w/ drop shut & this fits the bill. Also minimum play for me is around +/-.002" at tip of blade. Centering is great.
  8. Thumbstuds are real good.
  9. If they make a mini, it should be better than BM's mini cuz this full size surpasses BM's full grip w/ price & F&F.
  10. Had extra screws to fill in the other side of scales where pocket clip would sit.
Enjoy...
HaVLvS9.jpg

5UpAKo9.jpg

vPSO5VW.jpg

N6zCr3R.jpg

9KRFDfF.jpg

Size comparison...
LlvTeLO.jpg

3jVDXAc.jpg

Last edited:
BTW, IMO...well worth the wait & when they make different versions (coated blade, mini, scale/hardware colors), I will get in line & do it all over again.

I preordered 10/3 and got notice Friday 12/14 it shipped
So... is that 9+ weeks?
That’s fine by me.
I waited for the Schwartz Perpetua and I’m on the list for a super gold delica(is that a year now?)

Last edited:
Also, it seems some early production ones come with stainless screws, mine came with black.

Update...
After deploying this thing all day yesterday & today, Able lock has broken in, is smoother & can be manipulated with a single hand digit. Bronze washers have broken in & more blade play is introduced. Don't panic, this is normal. All my brand new BM's did this, just dial in the pivot & keep on deploying. I'm going to wait a week or two till I field strip it & spa treat the guts.

So it didn't come with any loctite on the pivot? That's disappointing. All knives should leave the factory ready to go in my opinion.

So it didn't come with any loctite on the pivot? That's disappointing. All knives should leave the factory ready to go in my opinion.

Don't know that since I haven't disassembled the knife yet. But seeing how the pocket clip screws had some, I'm assuming the pivot will too.

I got my blade in on sunday (UPS sunday delivery, gotta love it). So far it is better than my 940 Q&C wise in every measure. Impressively symmetrical edge, action is smoother out of box and getting increasingly more so, and the blade is centered.

I'll see what I can to about uploading some pictures after I get home from work today. So far however, I am very impressed with Hogue.

I wonder if it was a decision or they just ran out of the stainless hardware. Also yours has the thumbstud screw positioned on the non display side unlike mine. Discrepancies? I just call em quirks. I find the thumbstud countersunk hole for the screw creates an extra groove for additional grip for faster deployment.

I wonder if it was a decision or they just ran out of the stainless hardware. Also yours has the thumbstud screw positioned on the non display side unlike mine. Discrepancies? I just call em quirks. I find the thumbstud countersunk hole for the screw creates an extra groove for additional grip for faster deployment.

Mine has blackened screws (they don't look painted, looks like a black oxide), and the thumbstud screw on the dispaly side.

Back