New Doug Ritter folder

One caviat? I find the clip seems to scrape at the sidw hand when walking at times and can be uncomfortable but very seldom.

Dern it, I knew I forgot something. :oops: I switched out the clip w/ a BM split arrow cuz of the hot spot it created. Now it's all... :thumbsup:

I wonder if the new RSK MK1 G2's M390 blade steel will surpass S30V and other popular steels in terms of edge retention.

Well m390 has been around in the knife scene for a while now. It has been shown to outperform S30V in most categories. M390 has notably higher edge retention, similar toughness, similar if not greater corrosion resistance and it can be hardened 60-61 rockwell as compared to 58-59 for S30V. In my opinion it is a straight upgrade. I'd love to know who is doing the heat treat for Hogue though.

I contacted the dealer asking for an ETA if I ordered today and was informed that it could be up to three months, since they have around 300 pre-orders to fill. They are very nice and professional, which makes me wonder: Should I place the order and or wait for it to be "in stock"? It's literally one of the first "gotta have it" knives for me and I want to secure my place in line, so to speak :cool:

Alright, so the liner of my RSK MK1G2 is 1.58 mm, and on the 940-1501 the liner is 1.18 mm. Blade stock of the ritter is 3.28 mm, and behind the edge I have .68 mm at the base, .6 mm midway up the blade, and at the tip it is .7 mm.

A little side by side size comparison of the Hogue Doug Ritter along side a 940-1 and Para 3. (Ritter only out for photo)

Attachments

• 878582CB-0452-4B70-97A6-DC36D06F5083.jpeg
    878582CB-0452-4B70-97A6-DC36D06F5083.jpeg
    229.3 KB · Views: 427
Last edited:
...Should I place the order and or wait for it to be "in stock"? It's literally one of the first "gotta have it" knives for me and I want to secure my place in line, so to speak :cool:

Yes. Gave me time to thin the herd & save more $$$.

I contacted the dealer asking for an ETA if I ordered today and was informed that it could be up to three months, since they have around 300 pre-orders to fill. They are very nice and professional, which makes me wonder: Should I place the order and or wait for it to be "in stock"? It's literally one of the first "gotta have it" knives for me and I want to secure my place in line, so to speak :cool:

Thx for sharing the info. I preordered at the end of 2018, figured it would be several months waiting.

Do you happen to have a full size Ritter griptilian (gen 1). Are these two generations identical in length and height?
I do, but the Ritter griptilian is wearing custom DOAT scales.

Blades are nearly identical. However, as you can see in the photo, the Hogue Ritter M390 has less of a stonewashed finish. (At least my variant.)

50D991EA-996A-4314-88E3-96A088468608.jpeg

Attachments

• 69D76D87-9437-4A14-83AC-8B76E129DA3B.jpeg
    69D76D87-9437-4A14-83AC-8B76E129DA3B.jpeg
    172.3 KB · Views: 369
Last edited:
Just got mine! Its perfect centered and smooth like butter. Mine is number 195

Last edited:
I preordered in late Dec. Asked KW the other day when I could expect mine to be shipped and was told they just did not know how soon. Based on the information in his thread, I think it's gonna be at least another three months waiting. Patience patience.

Pre-ordered 10/3, received 12/15. Well worth the wait. I think it's time for a few updated photos. Will set some up tomorrow.

I spoke with someone at knife works earlier this week as well. Seems like there are another 200 pre-orders to ship from October. I pre-ordered in early November and don’t expect to see the knife before mid to late February.

The issue is clear, Hogue isn’t putting out a lot of volume. At this point the quality looks exceptional so I am fine with waiting.

Back