New Drop Forged Knives

Here's another review . Guy is a tad hyper for my taste but you can see the knife being used and the way the coating wears off etc .

So let me get this straight: there is black coat, under a light bronze(?) coat, and then a clear coat on top of that? (It can't be clear over black, then it would be a black knife, right?)

:eek: I can't imagine this fragile bronze/ gold over black is going to be very well received by hard users . Starts out kinda purty , but soon looks like crap ! I'd rather just have bare metal to patina and offered a bit cheaper . Or DLC at increased cost ? Knife seems great otherwise and a good value . :)

I took g scott h's advice got the gt5000 grip tape, cut it out carefully and applied it. Such a difference, I knew these handles would be slippery this makes it much better.
ri800m.jpg

^ looks great, too bad the edges of the handles weren't stippled or grooved ,that would make it even better...

Some of the tape on the edges has moved with use just a bit. But the grip is so much better, even with gloves on. Really a fun knife to use, and it carries so well. No sheath problems at all so far.

You guys beat me to it. I was going to do my Survivalist this past weekend, but I didn't get the chance. :( They look great. :thumbsup:

I have both the Survivalist and the Bowie on the way; had already planned ahead and bought some tennis racquet grip tape for the pair... orange for the Survivalist because it will spend the majority of its time out in the sticks, and blue for the Bowie because it's more likely to serve in the urban jungle.

I recently ordered the Bowie and Boot Knife, they arrived today. I have to say the Bowie looks much smaller in person. Even though I knew the dimensions before ordering I imagined it would be more substantial. Its not a bad thing but was surprising. Kind of like meeting a film star in person who you thought would be bigger.

The Boot Knife is better than I expected. Very nice in every way. Might even work as a neck knife.

:eek: This attitude will not garner respect or useful responses :confused:. You don't get to monitor what members post just because you start a thread . But you go right ahead if you like and see where it gets you !o_O
I think the post was pretty clear. He was looking for impressions of someone that actually owned one of these knives, not someone guessing what the knife may be like.

I think the post was pretty clear. He was looking for impressions of someone that actually owned one of these knives, not someone guessing what the knife may be like.
I was kinda referring to the " d-bag of the year award part "mostly . The original post was edited I believe . I was trying to help but maybe I shouldn't bother ?

Now that I have all three knives I can evaluate them myself. Initially I was upset with the post mentioned. After DocJD suggested a different approach I agreeed and edited my response. All is well.

The handle is smallest at the guard. It works well with a saber grip where thumb and finger tips touch the back of the guard. But gorilla or fist grip is akward. Reverse or ice pick grip is perfect for this handle shape. I tried a grip where I leave my pinky finger off the handle and its comfortable. Make a fist and squeeze but with pinky hanging off the end. Gives extra reach and rock solid.

The blade is small compared to the Survivalist.. But it is much lighter in weight and thats a good thing. There is certainly nothing wrong with the knife and I wasnt being critical of it. It just appears smaller than I thought it would be, thats all.

Your last 3 fingers are your gripping fingers, index finger not so much so. If you want extra reach, let the end of the handle rest in your palm at the base of your thumb. Makes it an extension of the bones in your arm, perfect for thrusting.

Back