New ESEE DPx H•E•S•T Folder

What an impressive looking folder. I will be getting one as soon as they are available. Looks great guys!!

Just to bring everyone up to speed on delivery, here's the schedule:

Gianni is working on the production protoypes now. He has given us a delivery date of around the first of September on these. Once we get these and approve them, we start the regular production. According to Gianni, the regular production will be ready to ship 60 days after we approve the production prototypes. We will keep you posted.

is there going to be an automatic version? :D looks like x-mas present time! :) in fact I'll have to get one so my fixed HEST will have someone to talk to. none of my other knives can speak it's language! :D

Just to bring everyone up to speed on delivery, here's the schedule:

Gianni is working on the production protoypes now. He has given us a delivery date of around the first of September on these. Once we get these and approve them, we start the regular production. According to Gianni, the regular production will be ready to ship 60 days after we approve the production prototypes. We will keep you posted.

:thumbup: Good to hear :D

what about some pics of the paracord lanyard set up and the Mr. DP tool. I know we have some drawings of the tool any better pics to get a better idea of what it looks like and uses?

Just to add to Jeff's comments. Our focus now is the translation of thousands of hours of input from customers and experts into a silky piece of steel and titanium. Those of you who saw Lion Steel's award winning folder at Blade 2010 already can guess the feel of this thing.

There will be tweaks, additions and enhancements along the way but no compromises. The goal here is to under promise and over deliver. For all the folks that want it this way or that way, there will be plenty of other knives in the market to meet their needs but knife is designed for and targeted directly for the warfighter, hard use professional and no bullshit owner of apex in brutal, usable folders.

We will announce the exact date and time that the reservations for numbered units will go on sale at www.dpxgear.com and set up an RSS feed for updates and changes. ESEE dealers are now fine tuning their pre orders and it would be wise to notify them of your potential interest in this tool. Once the run number is locked in you can expect the usual drought after December and the second run (usually with more mods and tweaks) will go in.

As you know handmade, aerospace tolerance knives are a the result of a close relationship between customer and knife company so that's why we encourage input and honesty.

Jeff mentioned there will be a second wave of orders for govt agencies, special operations and LEO's that require special ordering requirements and handling. Contact www.eseeknives.com directly for those group orders.

Going to go back to staring at those pics now :))

Looks like a great job all around.:thumbup:

Im really looking forward to this one.

I keep coming back just to stare at it.

Is it December yet??;)

GunnerP

i saved it as the background on my phone, which has had one of the three esee logos since i found these knives!!

looks great and cant wait to buy another knife designed by a great company.

BTW me think that Tomso deserves a standing ovation for the work he did on the renderings! *kmm stands up and claps

Don't know if I've ever drooled this much over knife pics in all my time on BF! Graduating from Sheriff's Academy in Nov., I think I'll make this my graduation present to myself! LOL

I would buy one if it didn't have the Skull/Cap logo.

I have an Emerson and wouldn't dream of putting one of those Spectre head pocket clips on it. I also wouldn't put skull beads w/lanyards on any knife either.

It's weird, usually ESSE makes understated, no nonsense, professional tools.

Too bad, looks like a great piece otherwise.

I would buy one if it didn't have the Skull/Cap logo.

I have an Emerson and wouldn't dream of putting one of those Spectre head pocket clips on it. I also wouldn't put skull beads w/lanyards on any knife either.

It's weird, usually ESSE makes understated, no nonsense, professional tools.

Too bad, looks like a great piece otherwise.

...you can't melt, scratch, grind or otherwise take the skull off the knife?

My only gripe is that it's gonna need a special tool for the pivot. Either way I'm still most likely to buy one lol.

Back