New ESEE DPx H•E•S•T Folder

" perhaps in some remote corner of the world there's an actual skull wearing a pair of shades and a cap."

Mr DP is well known in all the right places by all the right people. He is a litmus test of coolness under fire, if you will, but you would have had to have been in Kabul, Baghdad, Djibouti, Grozny, Juba, Tres Esquinas, Davao, Mirim Shah or Fallujah at just the right time.

http://comebackalive.com/

ok. unfortunately for me, medical issues kept me out of all those fun places.

please don't take my critique as being critical. (does that make sense?) if i wasn't impressed by the gear i simply wouldn't say anything. so, no flames intended by anything i say. perhaps i can buy you and Jeff a beer at SHOT. the Double Down Saloon would fit the skulls theme. :D

what many people don;'t understand us that ny career has involved picking things apart to improve every detail. sometimes even just little things. and that's hard for me to switch off. some people in this world can't take feedback like that, others have no problem with it. i expect that the ESSE/RAT/DPx crew can take it as intended.

I would buy one if it didn't have the Skull/Cap logo.

I have an Emerson and wouldn't dream of putting one of those Spectre head pocket clips on it. I also wouldn't put skull beads w/lanyards on any knife either.

It's weird, usually ESSE makes understated, no nonsense, professional tools.

Too bad, looks like a great piece otherwise.

But this is a DpX knife - not an ESEE, just like the fixed HEST.
Different mindset in the design phase.
If you want something more standard looking, wait for the Izula folder.

I love the "Mr DP" logo!:D That is one of my favorite parts. I have the HEST fixed blade and love it. I am however concerned about the frame lock because I've never owned one and not heard great things. I suppose though that I will use the folding HEST for tough jobs and use the fixed HEST for the toughest jobs :)

I'm in the midst of drinking Cazadores tequila so my post may not be legible, but 1066vik got it right. We are going different places with DPx. ESEE will always be the same though ;)

Pelton's real world experience in Dangerous Places brings about a new horizon for us.

I'm in the midst of drinking Cazadores tequila so my post may not be legible, but 1066vik got it right. We are going different places with DPx. ESEE will always be the same though ;)

Pelton's real world experience in Dangerous Places brings about a new horizon for us.

Ha enjoying a little sauza hornitos my self :thumbup:

I love the "Mr DP" logo!:D That is one of my favorite parts. I have the HEST fixed blade and love it. I am however concerned about the frame lock because I've never owned one and not heard great things. I suppose though that I will use the folding HEST for tough jobs and use the fixed HEST for the toughest jobs :)

Frame locks are fine if they're done well, and if the guys at ESEE have anything to do with it, it will be done well. The old ontario RAT model 1 had the most solid lockup of any folder I've owned.

I really like the innovative integration of the glass breaker and the pocket clip, slick thinking.

And is that hexagon in the handle a 1/4" ?? could be a neat feature.

I love it and I want it. I have no aesthetic complaints at all. The only think I would suggest (and this is purely functional) is that you make the clip as minimal as possible. The clip as is looks as if it would interfere with the great ergonomics that this knife would otherwise have. A smaller clip presses less against the palm of the hand and makes the knife more comfortable to use. For me the length of the clip wouldn't be a gripe, but in use a clip with a lower profile (closer to the scales) and with a smaller flare at the end would be more comfortable and won't necerssarily sacrifice the knife staying well in the pocket.

I cant wait to get one of these. It looks awesome :D:D:D

Looks like a great knife! I have a fixed H.E.S.T. and love it, this will most likely be my next folder. I'll just have to keep an eye out for the limited first release.

Lates,

Connor

The bottle opener is what really makes this knife stand out as awesome imho.

The guys that will be building the HEST Folder have just won "Best innovative imported knife 2010" at the 2010 Blade Show. I haven't handled one yet but from reading the reports of those that have I think it is going to be something special on the HEST.

Link to a UK forum that discusses Lion Steel here: http://www.britishblades.com/forums/showthread.php?103408-Lion-Steel-SR1&highlight=lion+steel

I would buy one if it didn't have the Skull/Cap logo.

I have an Emerson and wouldn't dream of putting one of those Spectre head pocket clips on it. I also wouldn't put skull beads w/lanyards on any knife either.

It's weird, usually ESSE makes understated, no nonsense, professional tools.

Too bad, looks like a great piece otherwise.

I like the skull. Half of my family is extremely religious and they gripe when I wear my ESEE shirts to their home as they see skull imagery as satanic.:rolleyes: I just make sure to always wear an ESEE shirt when around them.:D

Now a pink Izula on the other hand......no way.

My only gripe is that it's gonna need a special tool for the pivot. Either way I'm still most likely to buy one lol.

The tool is included in the package.:thumbup:

"HEST" on your clip? Wondrous inventions called "spray paint" and "sand paper". Both have been around a while and work wonders on everything from subway cars to automotive body work to knife pocket clips and scales.

This knife is meant to be used people! I can appreciate the collectors point of view, but you're gonna bash the snot out of the clip if you wear anyway, right? My Benchmade 710D2 I bought a few weeks ago don't last more than an hour before I put a big ol' ding in the clip paint from rubbing against a brick wall and I wasn't even doing anything exciting at the time. :rolleyes:

Back