New ESEE DPx H•E•S•T Folder

The Skull is a RYP Logo and I think it is cool... makes me laugh ... I wear sunglasses and a ball cap & do not want to end up like him :)

One thing im not liking, is that it has HEST written all over the clip. Id prefer a sterile clip, one that what wont attract attention. With HEST plastered all over it, people are bound to point and ask "whats that clipped to your pants??"

But loving the deep-carry clip.

The first thing comes to mind when people ask that is "It helps keep my Johnson from hitting my knees" :D

I would agree with you normally but this one will be shipping from Europe and will make a huge difference in terms of import taxes and shipping....

Check your email :) I'm in!

I agree...I like plain clips.

Hi folks -

I also agree - although it would be a simple matter to get rid of the HEST logo on the clip.

I am now "on a list" to get my copy. :thumbup: :cool:

This hobby sure is an obsession. :eek:

best regards -

mqqn

We appreciate all the suggestions but there is no way we can make changes that suit everyone. So, it pretty much is what it is when it comes to design, logos, etc.

This looks pretty damn cool. Looks nicer than the render image of the folding IZULA. Is this knife replacing that?

I have a couple comments. I like my off brand RAT knife with the triangle logo on the clip, but the HEST on the clip is kind of nice. The triangle would be simpler and nicer.

I'm not a big fan of a thumb stud and the indent (bottle opener) on the blade is almost an emerson/wave opener. It looks like it was turned in to stop us from emerson/wave opening it. Could you flatten that out to allow us to emerson/wave open this? Is the thumb stud removable?

Thanks and this seems very nice.

Where is the pry bar? Also is the hex opening at the end of the knife a tool holder or just a design for the lanyard?

draftpick - per earlier posts (and no, I don't blame you for not reading all of them)
no prybar, because it would be death on pocket interiors.
the hex hole is a bit holder.
the lanyard attachment will be a split ring that threads through the glass breaker.

for the A/O guys - it's only marginally legal in some states. I can appreciate the utility, but not having it cuts costs down and makes it easier to cross state lines and some borders without hassle.

" perhaps in some remote corner of the world there's an actual skull wearing a pair of shades and a cap."

Mr DP is well known in all the right places by all the right people. He is a litmus test of coolness under fire, if you will, but you would have had to have been in Kabul, Baghdad, Djibouti, Grozny, Juba, Tres Esquinas, Davao, Mirim Shah or Fallujah at just the right time.

http://comebackalive.com/

I was about to buy a folder that I thought was perfect for what I want but after seeing this I have to have one. Just went and reserved one and I can't wait to get it.

I like it.

I like the knife.

I like the clip.

I like the skull.

If you don't like them, don't buy them. It's not like there aren't 1,254,393 other folders out there.

Back