1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

New Fallkniven blades

Discussion in 'Knife Reviews & Testing' started by dandan, Sep 9, 2019.

1. dandan

dandan

Mar 10, 2006
  2. 353

Feb 20, 2015
    F1X is on it's way!

:D

d762nato likes this.
  3. d762nato

d762nato Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 16, 2009
    Will be waiting to hear how you like it. Thanks, :thumbsup:

4. NWPilgrim

NWPilgrim Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 1, 2019
    Great! Do you by chance have/had one of the original versions to compare against?

I have the base model S1 and like it very much. Would be interested in your observations of the steel and grind and handle material/fit. The originals are a bit slim as if made for winter gloves. But I really like the base S1 overall.

5. 353

Feb 20, 2015
    So far I've just handled it and tried out the new sheath. I like it really good, it is hefty, think mini A1 just with a more aggressive edge! :D

And the sheath is amazing, if you clamp down the locking lever there is none of the famous Fällkniven rattle!!

I only have the A1. The grip on the F1x has a much more aggressive texture compared to the originals. The grind feels nice but I have not tested it on any wood yet, I really don't think it needs any re-profiling or anything.

Fit n finish is great, and the handle fits my(medium) hands nice.

6. 353

Feb 20, 2015
    Noticed today that my F1x came with a microbevel on it at a ridiculously wide angle. I took out my benchstones and removed it...

So if this is how they all come, these knives(I suspect this goes for FK's whole range?) definitely benefit from putting your own edge on it.

7. on_the_edge

on_the_edge Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2006
    Thanks for the heads up on these. :cool::thumbsup: