New Fallknivens

I see that Fallkniven has some new fixed blades out, a hunting knife (H1) in a Scandinavian pattern (looks like a puukko on steroids), and a couple of kitchen knives, all in the VG10 steel. Have you seen them yet? Would appreciate any comments. thanx from snowy Alberta (almost mid-May, and southern Alberta got a foot or two of snow the last two days).

Tom Lagan of LagaNet told me on the phone that there's an H1 "puukko" in the works, and a chef's knife, and a santoku, and a double-edged pointy thing, that perhaps most of us would only use for assassinating junk mail, called the Garm{/i]. Garm, in Norse mythology, is a hellhound.

I was about to say something about how more information would follow in the fullness fo time, but, I just clicked on Fallkniven's web page, where there had been no news the other day, and behold there was news!

Estimated delivery dates are, as always, approximate, and prices in Swedish Kroners translate today at SEK 9.09 to one US Dollar.

H1 Hunting Knife
I want this knife!! 4" convex-ground VG10, guardless kraton handle, leather dangler sheath, kydex optional. SEK 1,100 in leather, SEK 1,300 in kydex. Delivery - soon, maybe, since there's a photo of a real knife on the page, with kydex to follow c. 10/00.

K1 Blue Whale
8" VG10 Chef's Knife, .10" stock, black Tefflon coating, Kraton handle. 09/00, SEK 980.

K2 White Whale
7" VG10 Santoku, same specs., 09/00, SEK 930

G1 Garm Fighter , 11/00, c. SEK 960
3.54" VG10 double edge, Kraton handle, Kydex neck sheath.

To be continued . . . .

------------------
- JKM
www.chaicutlery.com
AKTI Member # SA00001

Back