REK Q fixed blade thread

Ohhhh if you’re taking color request then..... Red G10 is a sexy bold statement. If this is your first run of knives I’d definitely make a splash on the color scheme and finish on the blade. It will definitely draw eyes to your knives. I always think like the REC para 3 and the St. nicks knives. People go hog wild for that color scheme. If this is your first run, I’ll definitely grab one. Deposit?

Thanks! No the design is completely mine, but Frankie and I were going to make a one off version of this together but he's pretty busy with the house underway :)

I would like the REK logo on the show/left side and the steel on the spine, behind the jimping. Go with natural micarta...but like them all.

Definitely the REK logo with the steel type in smaller font on the other side, use the KISS principle.

Thanks for the input guys!

Ohhhh if you’re taking color request then..... Red G10 is a sexy bold statement. If this is your first run of knives I’d definitely make a splash on the color scheme and finish on the blade. It will definitely draw eyes to your knives. I always think like the REC para 3 and the St. nicks knives. People go hog wild for that color scheme. If this is your first run, I’ll definitely grab one. Deposit?

Just looking for preferences between the types of micarta available (mainly od green, natural, or black). No deposits required, I'll list up as these become available, won't be until Feb probably

OD for me of those choices. Blue denim for a wish list micarta. TeroTuf comes in lots of purdy colors too!
Thanks for the input, yeah I just love the micarta/terotuf feel in hand... I may go w/ OD green and can always dye it black for those who want it. But I'm working on seeing if I can have a few handles of each if possible, I'll keep everyone posted :)

Here's what I'm thinking for logo and steel type placement - what do you guys think?

i-rz2qcFD.jpg
i-XDRPFLz.jpg

I've come to really dislike the look of natural micarta in recent years; so black or green for me.
Funny you should say that... I've at least got both of those on the table, not sure on a third yet though. Also gonna work with the cnc shop who's doing the scales to make some subtle texturing/lines on the curves of the scales.

I got all 3 colors approved on the scales, doing 12 of each (all micarta - od green, natural, and black)! Crunching the dates looks like the ETA will be closer to beginning of April. Sorry for the delay guys... I have to send out for ht to Peters, then grind, then send to laser, and then get sheaths built. I'll post WIP pics here though!

Back