New Fixed Blades In The Works! Nakago (Finished Up!)

Daniel Fairly Knives

Full Time Knifemaker
Mission - to make the best knife available for the money

Design - Nakago Fixed Blade

Materials - A2 Steel at an estimated 61-61 RC, permanent epoxy soaked paracord wrap, Kydex

What makes these better than some other budget fixed blade? Experience, heat treat, ergonomics and the grind! These feel great in the hand are heat treated for maximum edge retention, ground to a very thin edge with my difficult to do "rocked back" hollow chisel grind for a knife that cuts like a laser. The rounded spine and comfortable chamfering really set it off and makes for a knife that feels comfortable even when used all day long.

Here's the start, I first worked my design out on paper. I have made a few of these so I had the basic template worked out in my head already. I wanted an exposed pommel and lanyard hole along with a profile that is great for in pocket, concealed or necker carry.

I cut my bar of A2 into 6 rectangular "coupons" with my chop saw and then ground the first one to profile. Once I was happy with the lines I scribed them on along with transferring the holes onto the next coupons. Each one is made to tight profile tolerances as a result of this technique.

Fast forward...

Wraps are ready to soak! They will get a bit darker after soaking in epoxy, the emerald green came out almost black.

I'll have more later, the epoxy is curing right now. Feel free to ask any questions, these are coming along nicely! :D I'll probably satin finish the grind and blend it with the edge for maximum sharpness and cutting ability.

Looking good Daniel. You're right, that is a good size for edc.

I'm going to take dibs on these at $125 shipped with sheath. They will look a bit different when finished but I am doing this due to popular demand!

Thanks everyone for the PM's and emails!

These are on another site so I'll go by time signature.

I sent an email, but then dibs on one! Prefer the dark green, purple, blue, ...

Email also sent...

Thanks for the opportunity!

Thanks to everyone for working with me on the dibs!

It looks like I have a couple left, I'll have some info on which ones are spoken for as soon as possible.

^ Thanks FBC!

The Purple one is spoken for... the dark green and one other are likely pending.

Purple, Dark Green, Blue and one other are pending.

I'm waiting to hear back from a few people and I'll update this thread as soon as I do. I'm doing my best to make sure everyone gets what they want and of course time signature takes precedence. Thanks everyone for the patience!

Put in your first and second choice in this thread of you can and have not contacted me. get to me quickly as these are going really fast!

Update!

The Purple, Dark Green, Blue and Camo are spoken for.

Neon Green and Desert Tan are available!

Back