New Fixed Blades In The Works! Nakago (Finished Up!)

I just molded all of the sheaths and they are looking great! I'm doing layout and drilling next.

These are done!

I just oiled them... tomorrow morning I'm going to clean everything up and get pics! :D

I actually went to look at the OP because I have no idea and I didn't even catch that! Gonna need the man himself to explain I guess :)

I have to ask, what is this "rocked back" hollow chisel grind??

I got the idea for the grind while learning how straight razors are often made, they usually have a compound radius grind done with two wheels. The grind closer to the edge is very shallow then it approaches a steep grind with a tighter radius towards the shoulder.

With my "rocked back hollow" I do the same thing but with a larger radius wheel. The rocking technique is used to blend the two into one seamless shallow radius grind. I can do all sorts of grinds with the same wheel and am not limited by wheel size this way. It did take me a while to learn though! :D

I actually went to look at the OP because I have no idea and I didn't even catch that! Gonna need the man himself to explain I guess :)

Basically... these are really sharp and cut stuff well.

Daniel! You are a Mover!!
Do you remember Hunnicutt's rebated flat grind?

Back