New Flipper - the Spyderco Dice

Am I the only one who thinks both knives would be greatly improved by moving the Spyderhole slightly toward the pivot such that the hole is centered over the finger groove?

Am I the only one who thinks both knives would be greatly improved by moving the Spyderhole slightly toward the pivot such that the hole is centered over the finger groove?

No disrespect intended toward anyone, but I've never been a fan of this design. I don't care for the blade shape or the handle shape, the blade/thumb ramp transition looks weird, the flipper tab and choil area looks mismatched almost like it has the wrong blade on it, I'm not a fan of the patterned CF, and like you said... the hole looks misplaced. Anyway, I'm not trying to stir up an argument, and I know this is a great knife, but I just thought I'd share my opinion since you brought it up. I guess that's part of the reason Spyderco makes so many knives... there's something for everyone!

Not sure how I feel about it, it looks very small, I'm definitely goons have to play with one before I buy one...Cliff Huxtable never looked so good.

No disrespect intended toward anyone, but I've never been a fan of this design. I don't care for the blade shape or the handle shape, the blade/thumb ramp transition looks weird, the flipper tab and choil area looks mismatched almost like it has the wrong blade on it, I'm not a fan of the patterned CF, and like you said... the hole looks misplaced. Anyway, I'm not trying to stir up an argument, and I know this is a great knife, but I just thought I'd share my opinion since you brought it up. I guess that's part of the reason Spyderco makes so many knives... there's something for everyone!

I didn't like it at first, either, but then, I didn't like Spyderco much at first, now they're the only company whose knives I buy. I think both the Domino and the Dice are very cool now. If they flip smoothly with the hole despite the slightly awkward placement, I might get one anyway.

I'm a big fan of the Dice. I usually carry a Dragonfly 2 (variety of ZFP-189, H1, or Super Blue) and it's nice to have a knife with features like the reinforced frame lock, bearing pivot, & flipper in a smaller knife. I tend to like the Spyderco-designed knives the best since they integrate features such as the opening hole, choil, & jimping nicely to provide a nice grip on smaller models like the DF2 to more medium sized knives like the PM2. The Dice is great by integrating a flipper and the opening hole, although it doesn't look nice in the handle when closed, is very functional and the blade/handle profile is great when open.

Is it just me, or is that wide blade look a little stubby being so short.
I think the domino is just right for that blade shape, but making it shorter without slimming down the blade looks odd to me.

One is in the mail, but I do agree. The profile should not have been as tall.

That's weird... I love flippers...

Seems to me that flippers are a solution for a problem I don't have, kind of like assisted openers and reverse curves. I guess there's them that like and them that don't.

Back