• Serrated Cqc-15

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bulldog (possible big bulldog)

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd take a look at the new Benchmade 417 Fact personally if I wanted something for both general edc and possibly self defense.

Maybe you don’t, but I always have my hands in my pocket ready to deploy my pocket sand.

rusty-shacklefords-pocket-sand-2199.gif

In a world of crappy self defense websites that one is very good.

Good one :)

I'd take a look at the new Benchmade 417 Fact personally if I wanted something for both general edc and possibly self defense.

It’s a cool stilleto like knife, but with no wave for quick deployment a folder is not appropriate for self defense imho.

Can't be bothered to read all that, but you'll comment anyway?:confused:
He was saying that speed shouldn't really be a factor. At least not the main factor.

Yeah and I said the opposite. That speed is the main factor. Striking first is always the biggest factor.

BTW, I did read everything. Just the way he typed everything out hurt my eyes.

Yeah and I said the opposite. That speed is the main factor. Striking first is always the biggest factor.

BTW, I did read everything. Just the way he typed everything out hurt my eyes.
Okay. Fair enough! We can agree to disagree on the speed factor.

It’s a cool stilleto like knife, but with no wave for quick deployment a folder is not appropriate for self defense imho.
It is very cool actually and an AO knife which is pretty quick to open. I guess my quick isn't as quick as yours.... If I were in the market for such a knife, the price would not be an issue in this case. In part, I don't like waved knives much. They just seem like an accident waiting to happen.

It is very cool actually and an AO knife which is pretty quick to open. I guess my quick isn't as quick as yours.... If I were in the market for such a knife, the price would not be an issue in this case. In part, I don't like waved knives much. They just seem like an accident waiting to happen.

How are waved knives an accident waiting to happen? What makes them any more dangerous than any other folding knife?

You stick someone first and you have a huge advantage. I don't know how you can disagree with that reasoning.
Well, that all depends on context. You may look like the aggressor if you strike first, then what? There are issues to be dealt with in the aftermath. What if all the "witnesses" are the bad guys friends? Most attacks happen very quickly. Your goal is to get away or move into your attaker and control that blade and hopefully put them on the ground and then make distance. This will be your first opportunity to draw a knife and speed is not the top priority. Getting your blade in using position is. Could you imagine under duress trying to defend yourself with a folder that is not fully opened?:eek: It can happen! Fixed blade is best!:thumbsup:

Well, that all depends on context. You may look like the aggressor if you strike first, then what? There are issues to be dealt with in the aftermath. What if all the "witnesses" are the bad guys friends? Most attacks happen very quickly. Your goal is to get away or move into your attaker and control that blade and hopefully put them on the ground and then make distance. This will be your first opportunity to draw a knife and speed is not the top priority. Getting your blade in using position is. Could you imagine under duress trying to defend yourself with a folder that is not fully opened?:eek: It can happen! Fixed blade is best!:thumbsup:

Of course a fixed blade is better than a folder.. But then how would you conceal that while walking around in shorts in summer?

If you have to carry a fixed blade for self defense you might as well carry a gun or bazooka.

Nope. But different countries have different justice systems, attitudes and politics that can effect SD claims. Apples and oranges with North America.

Yeah like London. You can't even take a locking blade of any size into that country. Only thing allowed are slip joints.
.Could you imagine under duress trying to defend yourself with a folder that is not fully opened?:eek: It can happen! Fixed blade is best!:thumbsup:

Well I am an Emerson guy. And Emerson people practice their WAVED knives all day long . They open every single time. So no worries about a folder not being opened under duress.

try that in brazil walking around.

I’ve walked around
South America
Central America
Kazakhstan
Kirgistan
Tajikistan
Afghanistan
Africa ....Tanzania , South Africa to Zimbabwe
Turkey
Canada from BC to Labrador
China
Mexico
USA from NY to California to Alaska to Hawai and everywhere in between

Situational awareness has kinda served me well but thank you for the heads up :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back