New for 2016 - pro lite series

ProLite_Size_SM.jpg

I believe the last one was just a trick of the eye based on the angle the photographer chose.

Apologies for my less pretty photo, but I hope it helps

Last edited:
I really like the way the spine slopes down to the tip on the tanto version. I'd like to see more tantos with this blade shape. :thumbup:

View attachment 630346

I believe the last one was just a trick of the eye based on the angle the photographer chose.

Apologies for my less pretty photo, but I hope it helps

Though I was made the fool by a common visual illusion, I'm glad theyre the same size atleast. It wouldnt make sense for the tanto to be the shorter one, as it is the more "tactical" blade shape. Whereas the the clip point has the more common slicing blade, which could be any length and be effective.

http://www.zknives.com/knives/steels/steelgraph.php?nm=4116

If you look at the specs for 4116 Krupp steel it's actually pretty good for a budget blade. It should have no problems hitting high hardness and even has a hint of Vanadium. It's probably one of the best things you could put in a knife in this price range. Better alloys exist but as far as "bang for your buck" I doubt anything is going to significantly improve on it.

Kershaw Kuro has that style of tanto as well.

Cool. I hadn't seen that yet. Looks like it only comes in combo edge, though, unfortunately. I think what's cool about this shape is that it drops the point down to around the center line of the blade vs. the points on more conventional tanto blades (besides just being more pleasing to my eye). :thumbup:

Cool. I hadn't seen that yet. Looks like it only comes in combo edge, though, unfortunately. I think what's cool about this shape is that it drops the point down to around the center line of the blade vs. the points on more conventional tanto blades (besides just being more pleasing to my eye). :thumbup:

Yeah, I prefer that tanto shape as well. And actually, you can get a plain edge Kuro, it comes in a combo pack with some weird neck knife thing. $21.99 at BladeHQ:
http://www.bladehq.com/item--Kershaw-Kuro-Pack-Assisted-Opener--32199
kershaw-kuro-pack-1835tblkkitx-cm-large.jpg

While there wouldn't be anything wrong with CS offering higher-end version of these, I like them just as they are. 4116 and FRN may not be the sexiest materials out there, but they will be fine for me, personally, for general edc tasks. :thumbup:

Sure, why not. It's not like I sit and whittle for hours or carve a canoe paddle while out on my romps. Most times outdoors I may need to cut down a stick, cut some bait, a fishing line, whatever, not exactly heavy duty tasks. Many days I come back without even using my pocket knife and a quick touch up on the Sharpmaker takes seconds. I have really come to appreciate the little Finn Wolf.

The lockbar cutout seems really far back on this one. I wonder how one handed closing would be.

I like the slope of the tanto as well....may be the first tanto folder I buy (other than the Hatamoto which was as a collector piece). Am I the only one that thinks there is too much of a clip on the clip point version? The point seems too low to me...

Back