New for 2019

Hopefully the Wild West Bowie gets released soon. I've really taken a shine to that one. Had a cheap Pakistan made knockoff back when I was a kid (which surprisingly wasn't a terrible knife) and even if I did buy a genuine W49, I doubt I'd use it much do to it's relative collectibility and this looks like one of them classic looking Bowies I can beat on guilt free.
Also,Really looking forward to getting on the Wild West Bowie in 1090 steel. Probably made in India, like the 1917 Frontier Knife

$135 for an AD10 with S35VN from a famous designer, this is really hard to beat.

Also the new code 4 in s35vn is only $80. This is probably one of the cheapest s35vn knives in the market. The LAPG TBFK is the only knife that’s cheaper AFAIK but I wouldn’t trust my life with this over the Code 4

i like the wild west bowie. dont get why they would do to D2 from o1.

Usually cost, but the D2 has less upkeep and a lot of OP don't want to do it. 01 has a lot going for it, they should do both.

Just to nip this in the bud, they're switching from O-1 to A-2, not D2...completely different animal;)

~Chip

A2 is some tough stuff.According to Gough custom knives who did an in house test.

cold steel version of W49 and chaos bowie are looks cool.
i will buy them both.

Last edited:
$135 for an AD-10 and $150 for the AD15 ? I cant believe how insane that is.The 2 bargains of the year ! nothings gonna come close to these two. It would be even lower in the secondary market but I cant wait that long .I wonder if Demkos gonna get burned by this;why spend 1000 and 650 for the custom and midtech when you can spend less than 300 for both of these ?

Last edited:
$135 for an AD-10 and $150 for the AD15 ? I cant believe how insane that is.The 2 bargains of the year ! nothings gonna come close to these two. It would be even lower in the secondary market but I cant wait that long .I wonder if Demkos gonna get burned by this;why spend 1000 and 650 for the custom and midtech when you can spend less than 300 for both of these ?
I don't think so. His customs are excellent and super sought after. If anything, it will take some of the pressure of him. I suspect he is buried in emails asking for customs. I know I have personally contributed to that problem lol.

I wonder if Demkos gonna get burned by this;why spend 1000 and 650 for the custom and midtech when you can spend less than 300 for both of these ?

I don't think so. His customs are excellent and super sought after. If anything, it will take some of the pressure of him. I suspect he is buried in emails asking for customs. I know I have personally contributed to that problem lol.

Would think they paid him to use the design, or give him a cut of each one sold...some sort of compensation that he obviously found attractive enough to do it.

Only thing really jumping out at me is the Western Bowie and the new versions of the Drop Forged Survivalist and Bowie with the nicer coating(and handle scales for the Survivalist). Sorta like the Chaos Bowie too, but every year I say this and yet I still don't own a single one of the Chaos line, so we'll see. I like the bolo as well, but if I'm gonna order a Filipino bolo, I'm more likely to order it from TFW as Cold Steel's swords don't always turn out as nice as I hope. The rest just doesn't interest me. I respect Demko as a designer, but I've personally always considered his designs rather ugly and they do not interest me in the slightest. They're also too bulky for me to ever want to actually carry them-I mean sure, if you're out trekking through the Amazon rainforest or something I guess it could be useful, but there's no cutting tasks *I* need to accomplish that I can't accomplish just as easily with a lighter and more aesthetically appealing(to me) PM2, Manix 2, or Native. And even if I was out trekking through the rainforest or whatever and wanted a knife built a little more like a tank, I'd be content to stick with my Recon 1. Don't feel any need to upgrade any of my Voyagers or Ti-Lites to new steels, Espada is still more than I care to pay for, not concerned about the swords...

yeah he might make as much in royalties as making the customs if not more, I guess he can then make knives at a slower pace.But I think down the road those 1300.00 customs might bring in much less when people eventually resell them..

I don't think the CS AD10 & 15 are going to affect the $ of the Demkos. The person that will drop the $$ on a Demko isn't too intrested in a $130 Asian produced version im guessing.

$135 for an AD10 with S35VN from a famous designer, this is really hard to beat.

Also the new code 4 in s35vn is only $80. This is probably one of the cheapest s35vn knives in the market. The LAPG TBFK is the only knife that’s cheaper AFAIK but I wouldn’t trust my life with this over the Code 4

ill get the 10 and the 15 if this pricing % is correct . I waited 2 years for a custom AD10 that I deemed wasn't worth it, and more have owned an AD-15MG that also wasn't worth the asking price. This pricing will allow us to own a custom design at a fraction of the cost and not feel bad when we beat on it. The same thing goes for recently released massdrop knives

I don't think the CS AD10 & 15 are going to affect the $ of the Demkos. The person that will drop the $$ on a Demko isn't too intrested in a $130 Asian produced version im guessing.

I don’t think they will hurt his custom sales of the ad-10. I think the AD-15 might after seeing it..... there isn’t any huge difference between the custom or MG to the production. I won’t be able to comment on lock operation until I get one in hand, but if it functions as smoothly as the Demko version with no play and free swinging action...... this is an amazing pickup for the price.

The biggest difference I saw in the AD-10 is the linerless construction which puts the lock strength to about 400lbs(spine).... which is plenty for the average user. I guarantee this will be a fine replacement for those who can’t afford the custom. It should have been done A LOT sooner.

As of now........ I’m in for both. If it goes to only 1 I’ll be getting the 15 over the 10.

Back