New for 2019

You would be correct. It is slightly Blade heavy

Weird, my AD15 isnt blade heavy, if i balance it on my finger at the choil it actually favours the handle by the tiniest bit, most times just balances perfect.

Last edited:
It''s time for CS to release a 5-Max (or even a 6-Max), still using CPM-20CV.. that I would throw good money at!

I'd like to see the return of the mini Recon 1. It's much better size for me to EDC than the Recon 1.

You are not alone. But CS never listens to their customers. Otherways 2019 line-up would show us a lot of uncoated folders.And a Code4 with G10 scales. Thats the basic minimum everyone begging for quite a long time. With no result.
DLC killed Mini Recon Series not the price point (which was Ok to me).

You are not alone. But CS never listens to their customers. Otherways 2019 line-up would show us a lot of uncoated folders.And a Code4 with G10 scales. Thats the basic minimum everyone begging for quite a long time. With no result.
DLC killed Mini Recon Series not the price point (which was Ok to me).
I've seen a lot of begging for a Cold Steel version of the AD10 and the integration of the Scorpion Lock into their lineup, so it seems they DO listen to their customers some...

The AD-10 looks like a winner.

I'm a huge fan of A2, so I think that's a good move for their large fixed blades.

so it seems they DO listen to their customers some...
I think so too..... 2019, 2018 and also 2017 line ups offer a lot of uncoated blades...so it seems they listen to their customers. But I understand that people want uncoated versions of the iconic folders (Recon1, Lawman etc.) too. I think another proof CS listens to their customers (reads forums, watches videos) is the addition of handle scales to the Drop Forged Survivalist

It''s time for CS to release a 5-Max (or even a 6-Max), still using CPM-20CV.. that I would throw good money at!
Yes please. Even if they are limited runs. The Max are essentially the super car of the brand which gives it the brand image.
That brand image trickles down the lineup. They should always have a Max in the pipeline.

I think so too..... 2019, 2018 and also 2017 line ups offer a lot of uncoated blades...so it seems they listen to their customers. But I understand that people want uncoated versions of the iconic folders (Recon1, Lawman etc.) too. I think another proof CS listens to their customers (reads forums, watches videos) is the addition of handle scales to the Drop Forged Survivalist
Not to mention the new, dark grey coating on the entire Drop Forged line! Even the Hunter, which had a black powder coat originally, has the new dark grey teflon finish. Plus the addition of the DF Battle Ring, wow! Keep 'em coming Cold Steel!!!

Wow, the interview part is so cool. I appreciate my tri-ad knives even more now. AD is the freakin man.
AD is definitely my favorite lock and knife designer and always comes across as a really down to Earth , practical guy . Cares about making great , affordable knives , that really work well and are strong . :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Nice vid. I like that the AD10 is hollow ground. 3D machined scales.

Back