New for 2019

This year's new lineup is certainly much more exciting than last year's - which frankly left me pretty cold. I'll certainly be getting the AD15, if nothing else.

might be just in for the AD15. If the 10 is a copy of the custom model in specs.... its HUGE. The 15 feels smaller overall. I may end up with both at some point, but most likely start with 1

The specs are out there. I wouldn’t call it huge. Now the 4max...that one is huge.

I own a Custom AD10 that I ordered from Andrew Demko several years ago. If the Production AD10 is anything like the custom it will be one tough folder. May have to get one since I bought that AD10 Custom for my collection. Kevin

One thing I had noticed in the pics of the CS AD15 is that the blade protrudes a bit into the front finger groove when open, and wondered if this would cause any comfort issues. There is an AD15 thread in GKD where someone posted a pic of an actual Demko AD15, and it shows the same thing. So I asked the question, and an AD15 owner responded that it is there and you can feel it, but it is not an issue for him.

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/demko-ad15.1638075/

Still seems odd that either the blade tang wasn't shaped to match the finger groove, or the finger groove wasn't moved back just slightly to avoid this.

One thing I had noticed in the pics of the CS AD15 is that the blade protrudes a bit into the front finger groove when open, and wondered if this would cause any comfort issues. There is an AD15 thread in GKD where someone posted a pic of an actual Demko AD15, and it shows the same thing. So I asked the question, and an AD15 owner responded that it is there and you can feel it, but it is not an issue for him.

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/demko-ad15.1638075/

Still seems odd that either the blade tang wasn't shaped to match the finger groove, or the finger groove wasn't moved back just slightly to avoid this.

I can chime in also on the tang, you can feel it but its so smooth and curved that it honestly just feels like a normal finger groove in a handle. Even when i'm squeezing at full grip when cutting you don't even notice it's any different to a knife without it, definitely no hot spot or issue.

The AD-10 and AD-15 definitely interest me.

As for the new steel for the big bowies, I find O1 and A2 to be very similar in performance. However in my usage, A2's 5% chromium content does give it a noticeable advantage in corrosion resistance.

yes. been waiting for ad10 and ad15 cold steel versions. really looking forward to these.

Seems like the ad10.ad15 a2 recon scout and that griv ex butterfly, all CS is the only knives I like this year ; saw shot show offerings from most of the makers for 2019,they all suck !Anyone who doesn't get an ad10 or ad15 is a sucker !:D

!Anyone who doesn't get an ad10 or ad15 is a sucker !:D

Sorry, I try to avoid buying ugly knives and the AD series is hideous. As for toughness, I already have a Recon 1, so if I need a tough knife(and really, I don't), nothing they can do the Recon can't.

The 4-Max is ideal for EDC.. hell I've been wanting a 5-Max or even a 6-Max!
:) I'm trying to imagine what a "6-Max" would feel like to carry . I actually EDC'd the big Raj for over a month and never got completely comfortable with pocket carry . Love the Raj to use , of course . But carry one only occasionally .

Still , I'd sure be tempted to grab a 6-Max if CS ever makes one ! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

:) I'm trying to imagine what a "6-Max" would feel..
This is how I EDC my 4-Max:
20180412-121342.jpg

Sorry, I try to avoid buying ugly knives and the AD series is hideous. As for toughness, I already have a Recon 1, so if I need a tough knife(and really, I don't), nothing they can do the Recon can't.

Cool.

To me the AD10 is one of the most aesthetically appealing knives out there. I imagine I will carry my Recon more because of the weight savings, and it is just as tough, but the AD10 is a really great design. To each his own I suppose.

I have mixed feelings about the A10 and A15. The more I look at them, the more appeal they have. But I still like the triad lock better than the scorpion lock.
I just wish the A10 were lighter. Of course I think my Recon1 is bigger and equally strong at a lighter weight. But a more similar comparison is the 3.5 inch Ultimate Hunter, which is even lighter and comparably strong as the AD10 (probably). I really like the UH for a strong 3.5 inch edc/work knife. At a weight of 4.9 oz vs 6.9 oz.
I think I really like the weight savings that the Recon 1 and UH get from having no liners. While the liners might add some marginal amount of strength, I can t imagine needing more strength than the Recon1 and Ultimate Hunter provide.

Back