New format or a glitch in the Feedback score that's displayed?

benchwarmer380

Valyrian Member
Platinum Member
Good day!

Spark Spark
As long as I've been a member here and, to my knowledge, even after the forums switched over, the Feedback score that is displayed under your name in the Exchange is the total of unique feedback received. For those unaware of what I mean is that every person that leaves you feedback adds to your score yet people that have left you multiple positives only count the first one.

I noticed today that we are now showing all the positives earned instead of the unique positives.
For example, when looking at my posts in the Exchange, I now show a score of 100% with 35 in the positive column. As of today, I should show 33 as a couple of folks have left me positive twice.

Is this a glitch or just a new format?

Huh, mine too -- this definitely wasn't the case last time I looked. I'm curious about this too, but seeing the total-total rather than the unique total does seem cool. :thumbsup:

Huh, mine too -- this definitely wasn't the case last time I looked. I'm curious about this too, but seeing the total-total rather than the unique total does seem cool. :thumbsup:

I do agree in that it can do a better job of showing your overall level of activity and amount of positive transactions on the Exchange.

My concern is that it would be easier for someone to artificially inflate their numbers for whatever reason.

I haven't changed things, so I'm not sure what's happening.

It seems to be listing all positives/negatives/neutrals on posts. I don't remember what it was doing before, but clicking on those numbers will take one to the trading profile that still shows the score as unique feedback.

Sometime between Jun.27th and now it has changed. On Jun. 27th someone asked why they were not getting full credit . This is why I never trust computers. It is all part of their take over :) it starts with little changes and before you know it they are in control.

AFAIK It's always listed all the pos / neg / neut on posts in the exchange forums

AFAIK It's always listed all the pos / neg / neut on posts in the exchange forums

That is so.

I don't know if neutral and negatives were counted towards the total in the same fashion as positives (unique only) or counted all towards the total. Although I hope the latter, it probably didn't matter that much as the chances of experiencing multiple neutral or negatives from the same person was probably close to nil anyhow.

Back