New Friend for the New Year

taldesta

Retired :-) Time is the Gold
Platinum Member
Today a new dog companion joins my life, and I want to share the joy here on BF. Yes, her name is also Daisy. 2020 saw the loss of both my elder girls, first Daisy and then Desta ... and now I am beyond happy to open my home to this sweet Daisy-girl. Isn't it wonderful to see her relaxed in new surroundings ...

DSCF3905 DAISY NAPS 650 MED.jpg

Today a new dog companion joins my life, and I want to share the joy here on BF. Yes, her name is also Daisy. 2020 saw the loss of both my elder girls, first Daisy and then Desta ... and now I am beyond happy to open my home to this sweet Daisy-girl. Isn't it wonderful to see her relaxed in new surroundings ...

View attachment 1483560
This doggie won the lottery! Looks like a great start.

Settling in nice, now for some active pics.

Also happy new year to you and Daisy.
Thanks and same to you. If I can manage a camera in one hand and a small pony on a line with the other, I'll have some action pics to post for sure :D And when she can be trusted not to track her 'first person' off the property, the line is off - await the blurry pics of one long legged Daisy.

This doggie won the lottery! Looks like a great start.
Thanks annr,

First meal is down the hatch just now ... surprisingly smooth transition thus far :thumbsup:

Awesome, glad you got a new friend, looks sweet. My old buddy Thor my Boxer just passed and it's been really hard for us. That guy went to the store to the doctors office to the insurance company, ect. ect. Any where we and the Mrs went he went. I think that makes it somewhat harder for us. We been thinking about getting another buddy but haven't yet. It's even hard to talk about I swear. Anyway have a great day and be safe out there. The year 2020 sucked and I hope 2021 is better for us all.

Awesome, glad you got a new friend, looks sweet. My old buddy Thor my Boxer just passed and it's been really hard for us. That guy went to the store to the doctors office to the insurance company, ect. ect. Any where we and the Mrs went he went. I think that makes it somewhat harder for us. We been thinking about getting another buddy but haven't yet. It's even hard to talk about I swear. Anyway have a great day and be safe out there. The year 2020 sucked and I hope 2021 is better for us all.

Go save one from a rescue.

Same as both of you - the loss just overwhelms my talking about Desta ... yet the empty mornings, no wigging tail to greet me, no happy big brown eyes - such a loss to my life ... just as you are experiencing. Take heart, the right dog will find you ... as you know it will :) ... and the heartache will go away in time

Go save one from a rescue.
Rescue was my first search for sure over the months since Desta died. Here, the animal shelters and rescues are cleaned out due to covid boredom - my latest application, which would have meant an 8 hr round trip to Quebec - well someone else beat me to the wire. At the very moment I was about to stop searching, I found a new ad for an adult dog locally that needed re-homing. Ad up for two hours had 586 hits. Then 800 hits. Then well over 1,100 hits. I am grateful, lucky and happy that Daisy found me.

True rescues are life-savers, yet those who post endearing, brown-eyed pics but never respond, I find suspect. Check them out and review charity stats. I get that they have many pages in their applications to protect pets. Eyes open.

Last edited:
It appears you may be only one 'two dog, long-legged stretch' from sleeping on the floor :D. There's something so comforting about dogs, maybe because they are such masters of mellow.

My two girls are master of mellowness... These two are my third and fourth lab rescues. The black english one is more laid back. The yellow american was a ball of energy until she reached the age of 5, which she is finally somewhat mellow. I used to have to run 2 miles every morning with her.

My sister's little yorkie on the other hand is so spastic that I sometimes wonder if my sister is sprinking crack in his food. o_O

D Danke42 Right on track you are ... Saint Berdoodle as described to me, "a Saint Bernard mix" according to vet documentation - no mistaking the standard poodle influence.

Such a kind dog, gentle, hilarious, calm yet runs like the wind outdoors - sticks like glue. I am one lucky person. The right dog found me (again) :thumbsup:

Back