New from Wilson Combat -ELMAX RRX folders!

That extreme elite version is really appealing to me. May bump the spyderco ppt to #2 on my buy list.

It reminds me of a pimped/higher end Rat 1.

Looks like mine won't get here till after New Years, they must be in the UPS black hole in AR plus the holidays. Tracking estimate date is 7 business days from AR to NV. Even the UPS ground transit map and cost/time only say 4 days. Maybe I'll be surprised and it will arrive before new years or it'll be the first knife of 2014 for me :)

I got my Wilson Combat Extreme Lite Carry, Starburst Pattern, Multi Cam G10 folder today. Very smooth and nice pattern on the G10. The Elmax blade measures 3.3" and not 3.5" as listed on the Wilson Combat website. Also, it weighs 4.18 ounces and not 3.8 ounces as listed.

I'll post my own pictures next to my Eagle over the weekend.

WTK-ELC-MCG10-001.jpg

Nice! How does it feel in hand?

Great texture of the Wilson Starburst on a smooth G10. Handle is just long enough at 4.23" and the jimping helps. The curve at the bottom of the handle also assures better grip.

Mine arrived yesterday, I'm really impressed with the fit and finish for the price, very smooth, good detent, centering is spot on and the lockup is solid and secure.

It's a lot smaller than I thought it would be though, that might be a deal breaker. If I hold it comfortably my pinky finger sits right on the end of the handle, and I don't have big hands. The handle is a very ergonomic shape with great grip from the G10, but on a knife that small I usually prefer a much thinner handle and a lighter overall package. I wouldn't say it's heavy, but for the size it feels heavy, heavier than the 3.5oz it's listed at. I'd love to see a larger version, if they added 3/8" to the handle and 1/8" blade length it would be perfect for me. For me it's an odd/awkward size between a smaller 2.75-3" blade I might carry if I need something small/unobtrusive and will take the size trade off because I have to, and a larger full size 4.0" handle 3.5" blade knife that would be more my standard carry.

What I need to do is go through the knives that really fit me well and keep track of their blade/handle lengths and use that as a guide for some of these unseen purchases.

I just received the black g10 ELC and I love it! Feels great in the hand and came razor sharp! I think I found my new favorite knife. I am about to put in a order for 3 more. 1 multi cam for the wife and 2 more black G10 for the gun safe to be used at a later date. Skull lanyard didn't do much for me but the zipper pouch was nice. I highly recommend it!

I just received the black g10 ELC and I love it! Feels great in the hand and came razor sharp! I think I found my new favorite knife. I am about to put in a order for 3 more. 1 multi cam for the wife and 2 more black G10 for the gun safe to be used at a later date. Skull lanyard didn't do much for me but the zipper pouch was nice. I highly recommend it!

Congrats. My ELC MultiCam is so smooth. My next one is the Cocobolo Hardwood Starburst handle with stonewashed blade. That should give it quite a different look.

Beautiful knife but tip down only kills it for me

Was about to order one and decided to look for reviews. I didn't even notice tip down only till I read your post. Good thing I didn't order.

Hi guys!
Does anyone know what the difference is between the rapid response knives stamped made in Italy and the ones stamped made in USA?
Is one better?
Thanks!

Back