New GEC #14 Boys Knife

It's about 1/2 inch smaller than the #15 pattern. Looks good.

I wonder if they'll end up putting a cap lifter on this pattern as well... a micro brew knife. ;)

14-LICKS-CREEK-BOYS-KNIFE.jpg

Wow, I didnt know the 15 was that big. This size looks great though, a knife I'd carry and think about how simple and sturdy it is, ready to handle a lifetime of work. That nostalgic and reassuring aura I get from some knives, like my Camillus 14 Jack, is just excellent. If this came with a sheepsfoot main and clip secondary I'd be in love.
Connor

I would probably have to have one, especially if it were a long pull spear main with a coping secondary. Then again, it may disappear like Cinderella at the stroke of midnight tonight.

Take care all,
Rick

thats going to be very small isnt it? the boys knife is kinda small if not perfect/right size already. any more and itll be a child's knife

I reckon that's gonna be one of the Taylor LLC knives. I wonder if Lyle gave them permission to use Lick Creek?! :confused:

Wow, I didnt know the 15 was that big. This size looks great though, a knife I'd carry and think about how simple and sturdy it is, ready to handle a lifetime of work. That nostalgic and reassuring aura I get from some knives, like my Camillus 14 Jack, is just excellent. If this came with a sheepsfoot main and clip secondary I'd be in love.
Connor

A sheepsfoot main and clip secondary would be cool. On such a small knife, I might prefer that the secondary be full size.

I think a smaller version of the beer scout (sheepfoot and caplifter) would also be very popular.

I would probably have to have one, especially if it were a long pull spear main with a coping secondary. Then again, it may disappear like Cinderella at the stroke of midnight tonight.

Take care all,
Rick

That would be a good combo as well. I'd like the coping blade to fill the full depth of the well.

thats going to be very small isnt it? the boys knife is kinda small if not perfect/right size already. any more and itll be a child's knife

A little bigger than peanut size.

Haha, April Fool's. ;)

I reckon that's gonna be one of the Taylor LLC knives. I wonder if Lyle gave them permission to use Lick Creek?! :confused:

No joke! The photo is linked from GEC's website.

I think this will be a great fit between the #25 and the #15. The #18, while cute and all, is seriously too small for me. I can't wait to get some #14's!!

The link is not working on GEC's site at the moment..

Since they are on this run of small knives it would be nice to have a clip point option... lots of sheeps and spears lately...

So, the size of the Kabars in this pic? (#15 on the left for comparison)

I hope this isn't a joke. Or maybe my wallet hopes it is. ;)

I am leaning to a joke. How many people are gonna cancel their Beagle purchases to get this slightly bigger knife?

I've had my 3OT in my pocket he last few days and I think I am done with smaller knives for a while.

Take care all,
Rick

This is what I'm betting on! :D
I'm actually surprised (and impressed) that GEC would go in for shenanigans like this.

- GT

If it is true, and not April fools, it very well could be the perfect watch pocket knife. I have a Coyote, more for the novelty and for my granddaughter than anything else, but it is too small for me to be practical. At 3" this is probably something I would want.

Thanks for posting,
Rick

There will be barely more than 1/8" difference between this and the Coyote. Those who think the Coyote is "way to small" might be hard pressed to tell the difference. Too small for me, but I could see some people liking them.
I might get one with a sheepfoot/ caplifter though. :)

This was based off an original Northfield jack :) Glad to see it come to fruition.

Edit: This has been in the works for a while. Not an April Fool's Joke

Here's the original it was based upon, (top knife/photo provided by Parke1)

12936553_10154680705789428_7566632404631925496_n.jpg

Last edited:
There will be barely more than 1/8" difference between this and the Coyote. Those who think the Coyote is "way to small" might be hard pressed to tell the difference.

Ummmmm, there's just a little better than 1/4" difference, and with knives, that can actually make a very big difference to the feel of a knife. (3.07" - 2.81" = .26")

Back