New GEC #14 Boys Knife

My rrb arrived today, it was worth the wait [emoji4]

36a2cc9bc2c1f9c339dcc0b4b5d07a7c.jpg

Wow, zolthar, does that ever look rotten! ;):thumbup:

Received my Oily Creek bone so that completes the 14's for me, picked up 2 Barlow's, Lyle's SFO, Rotten Banana Bone SFO and the Oily Creek SFO, all are 2 blades.

IMG_5892_zpseyh5ncxt.jpg

IMG_5891_zpsimw5xikq.jpg

IMG_5895_zpsmbyl5cww.jpg

IMG_5896_zpsui3s7ta0.jpg

IMG_5899_zpsimrivpde.jpg

Nice collection, Augie. I'm not sure if I'd prefer a single or double blade on the 14. I'm really digging the oily creek bone, though.

Here are the ones I have collected so far. I was wondering if I was going overboard with these, but then I met Lyle at the Rendezvous, and realized I absolutely was not. There's a couple more I "need" when the time and price are right. Probably not the best photo - I'm still learning....
0868f167a207481cfc4e2f3a1991cc7e.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Here are the ones I have collected so far. I was wondering if I was going overboard with these, but then I met Lyle at the Rendezvous, and realized I absolutely was not. There's a couple more I "need" when the time and price are right. Probably not the best photo - I'm still learning....
0868f167a207481cfc4e2f3a1991cc7e.jpg

nice scores! is that the black linen micarta?

Clip blades next? :)

Maybe with a cap lifter or awl? :D

Clip blades next? :)

Maybe with a cap lifter or awl? :D
I THINK they will be following the same progression as the #15s, but I may be wrong. If so, I think razors are next. Not that I wouldn't want the clip sooner rather than later. The sheepsfoot is what I'm most excited about though.

That Kabar is sharp. Is that a forced patina? If so, well done!

I THINK they will be following the same progression as the #15s, but I may be wrong. If so, I think razors are next. Not that I wouldn't want the clip sooner rather than later. The sheepsfoot is what I'm most excited about though.

That Kabar is sharp. Is that a forced patina? If so, well done!

Thanks. That's how the Kabar came to me, and I think that's a natural patina. I've noticed their steel (1085?) takes on a very dark, even patina.

I got a single blade and a two blade with OD green micarta covers. Instantly upon opening the single blade's tube, in the parking lot of my PO, I decided that single blade version was not for me. I usually prefer single blades. While this knife was flawless, it was just not for me. The two blade 14, which I thought for sure would go on the chopping block, was great. It goes everywhere with my peanut, my peanut is showing it the ropes of little uns I guess. The only flaw I can find is that the snap isn't as firm on the main blade as it is on the secondary blade. Oh yeah, fat people in MD with 1095 steel, it doesn't mix. Already pepper spots, even though I wipe it down every few days.

I already traded the single blade to a local knife shop, he loved it and might have pocketed it, I got him into the old timey knives and he has brought more in to his store lately (people seem to go nuts for them he said).

This one will serve me well when I send my Damascus peanut to Case for some much needed RnR (not only is summer in MD in a fat guys pocket bad for Damascus, running through the washing machine, with a Maratac AAA copper mind you, is not a good thing).

A clip would be my choice for next up, merely wishful thinking on my part though.

I know the merry crowds have moved along to the Cody Scout (and they are beautiful I have had three in my hands). But I'm still loving this boys knife I bought both a single and a double blade. As you can see the single blade gets out more. Last weekend I saw the case version of knifebrite. When the peanut comes out I'll have one. For now the boys knife sounded good. I looked as several vendors before finding the single blade I wanted so here is the trio.

Back