New GEC #14 Boys Knife

This knife was my first GEC and has led to a modest collection since its arrival.

IMG_0364_zpshglfmeq7.jpg
IMG_0364_zpshglfmeq7.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

This knife was my first GEC and has led to a modest collection since its arrival.

IMG_0364_zpshglfmeq7.jpg
IMG_0364_zpshglfmeq7.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Every time I see the 14 I see the perfect grandpa/office/professor/gentleman's carry. This shot makes it even more cemented and so much more tempting to buy another just to see if I have that view when I am 30yrs older.

I'm very tempted to get a 14 in Nifebrite. I've been enjoying carrying a Peanut recently, and something in that size range with the glow-in-the-dark novelty factor is really calling to me.

I read this entire thread from the beginning. Resistance seems futile.

I'm very tempted to get a 14 in Nifebrite. I've been enjoying carrying a Peanut recently, and something in that size range with the glow-in-the-dark novelty factor is really calling to me.

I read this entire thread from the beginning. Resistance seems futile.

You should do it. I was pleasantly surprised by the first Nifebrite GEC I bought (and I've picked up a few more since then, including a #14). Glow-in-the-dark aside, I just like the way it looks.

Here's my Nifebrite #14.

7649E3BD-836B-45ED-BC33-D9F17711183B.jpg

I finally bit the bullet and my afternoon is a bit glowy-er now.

oSW3mdy.jpg

e21XNjW.jpg

iKEVxw7.jpg

I love this thing so far. Fits in the coin pocket beautifully, and with the second blade/spring, it's got just enough heft in hand. Fit and finish is spot on. The pull is about a six on both blades, and though they're smooth and snappy, I think after a flush and oiling they will be even better.

I love this sized pocket knife. In the approximately 3" size, I have a 25/Little Bay, a Peanut, an Opinel #4 (a little smaller than 3"), and now this. I know the GEC 18 is similar, and I've got my eyes peeled for one of those. Any others you can recommend?

Here's my dress up carry. She's dressed up with some special covers and a polished blade.

View attachment 723473

A little late from me, but sheesh, that's nice looking. Ivory? No pins? Who did it?

Still enjoying my little ebony #14 that I modified into a clip!

Didn't get to see this before the photobucket fiasco, could you repost or PM me a picture? Was thinking about doing this mod.

I finally bit the bullet and my afternoon is a bit glowy-er now.

oSW3mdy.jpg

e21XNjW.jpg

iKEVxw7.jpg

I love this thing so far. Fits in the coin pocket beautifully, and with the second blade/spring, it's got just enough heft in hand. Fit and finish is spot on. The pull is about a six on both blades, and though they're smooth and snappy, I think after a flush and oiling they will be even better.

I love this sized pocket knife. In the approximately 3" size, I have a 25/Little Bay, a Peanut, an Opinel #4 (a little smaller than 3"), and now this. I know the GEC 18 is similar, and I've got my eyes peeled for one of those. Any others you can recommend?

Great score! Looks really nice.

If you're willing to go 1/8 inch longer Case has a couple that are very popular. The Swayback Jack and Swayback Gent are 3 1/8 inches closed and sport a Wharncliffe main blade. The Mini Copperhead is the same size and comes with either a Wharncliffe or a Clip Main blade.

Great score! Looks really nice.

If you're willing to go 1/8 inch longer Case has a couple that are very popular. The Swayback Jack and Swayback Gent are 3 1/8 inches closed and sport a Wharncliffe main blade. The Mini Copperhead is the same size and comes with either a Wharncliffe or a Clip Main blade.
I've seen photos of Case Swaybacks before but I didn't realize their pocket friendly scale. Thanks. I'm comfortable going up to 3.5" in general so that's right in my wheelhouse. I'm also a big fan of straight edges for EDC. You may have given me something new to look out for.

I'd love to see a GEC 14 with a sheepsfoot or wharncliffe blade at some point.

I've seen photos of Case Swaybacks before but I didn't realize their pocket friendly scale. Thanks. I'm comfortable going up to 3.5" in general so that's right in my wheelhouse. I'm also a big fan of straight edges for EDC. You may have given me something new to look out for.

I'd love to see a GEC 14 with a sheepsfoot or wharncliffe blade at some point.
I've got it on good authority that the next run of #14s (witch will be coming out this year:thumbsup::cool:)will be The TC Barlow in a Clip Blade. :) I can't wait :thumbsup:

This is exciting. Hopefully, they'll go through all the blades, like they've on on the 15. I'm not a huge fan of long sheepfoot blades, so I could really get behind a #14 Sheep. Wouldn't a one-arm Razor be cool on the 14?

I hope the upcoming clips are with a standard nail nick and not a longpull. :thumbsup:

Yeah I'm pumped to get this one in a Clip. It's my favorite blade hands down. Then make it a #14 TC Barlow Forgetaboutit;)

Hope it's not too early to bump this thread!

Just popped the tube on a 2 blade 14 in nifebrite and am just loving it and feeling stoked about the upcoming run.

Does anyone know if Lyle is doing any SFOs? I got the Lick Creek Introduction insert in with my new knife and enjoyed it very much.

I don't know, I really liked the Spear they came up with, nice swedge and longpull give it aesthetic masterclass. Still think this pattern works better as a 2 blade Jack, the single although nicely finished is too thin for its dimensions.

Na087qf.jpg

Back