NEW GLOCK 45 - Don't Bring a Knife to a Gun Fight

Hi Centuriator,
This is a very nice gun! Awesome color!!! I was so glad when Glock got rid of finger grooves and Gen. 5 trigger is quite good. Best of luck with your new toy!!!

I love my EDC package! Glock 21sf with Meprolight Tritium Target Night Sights and some internal goodies, and my CPK U/F in D3V steel with ECAM scales!

My EDC-1a.jpg

Finger grooves in those models were great if your fingers fit well into them. :)

I'm a big fan of no grooves for the flexibility they provide for any situation where your grip may be less than perfect.

The Gen 5 is the best Glock edition yet, hands down, no question about it. I've been using and shooting Glocks since that time terrorists had one in DC, the kind that could through metal detectors unnoticed and cost more than we made in a month back then. :)

Gen 5 is truly the best choice these days.

The Gen 5 is the best Glock edition yet, hands down, no question about it. I've been using and shooting Glocks since that time terrorists had one in DC, the kind that could through metal detectors unnoticed and cost more than we made in a month back then. :)

Gen 5 is truly the best choice these days.

I'd have to agree.

With the price in premium hp ammo jacked up, I ditched all my 9mm pistols in favor of the .45
Ball ammo is still available (and cheap) and I put my faith in a .45 fmj vs a 9mm fmj. The 9mm needs that expansion you get with a hp bullet much more than the .45 does.
G21 for the win
You haven't read the ballistic FBI report. Sure some people are romantic about their 45 but the coroner can't tell the difference between a 9mm Vs 45 hole and there is no guarantee of the number of rounds a person will need to drop with any caliber. Give me higher capacity and less recoil so I can shoot faster and more precise.

You haven't read the ballistic FBI report. Sure some people are romantic about their 45 but the coroner can't tell the difference between a 9mm Vs 45 hole and there is no guarantee of the number of rounds a person will need to drop with any caliber. Give me higher capacity and less recoil so I can shoot faster and more precise.

LOL! I'll take my .45acp any day of the week. More bullets is fine, but accuracy is final. The 'spray & pray' crowd makes me laugh! I always put the target as far back as it will go in indoor shooting ranges. I can't remember how many times I've heard, "I sure wouldn't want you shooting at me!"
And that's with cheaper practice ball rounds - that's not high quality hollow points. My Glock 21 magazine holds 13 rounds. And since I carry my G21 in a shoulder harness, I have 2 more magazines available for quick access if they are ever needed.

LOL! I'll take my .45acp any day of the week. More bullets is fine, but accuracy is final. The 'spray & pray' crowd makes me laugh! I always put the target as far back as it will go in indoor shooting ranges. I can't remember how many times I've heard, "I sure wouldn't want you shooting at me!"
And that's with cheaper practice ball rounds - that's not high quality hollow points. My Glock 21 magazine holds 13 rounds. And since I carry my G21 in a shoulder harness, I have 2 more magazines available for quick access if they are ever needed.

I hope you find a way to get past whatever insecurities are causing you to act in such an arrogant manner.

What a ridiculous way to respond to someone just making conversation and stating what works for them.

Last edited:
I hope you find a way to get past whatever insecurities are causing you to act in such an arrogant manner.

Insecurities and arrogance? Typical response...LOL! I was just stating facts. And I'm not the one concerned with needing more bullets. I think that the spray & pray crowd are the ones that are insecure.

Insecurities and arrogance? Typical response...LOL! I was just stating facts. And I'm not the one concerned with needing more bullets. I think that the spray & pray crowd are the ones that are insecure.

Last edited:
Oh no...a caliber war has broken out!!!

It's hard to keep up.
For awhile the .357 mag was top in percentage of one-shot stops, .45ACP was second. Then .40S&W was gaining. People claim that 9mm ammo is improving but other people claim that a good projectile penetrating clothing hurts its effectiveness so now we're back to the larger/heavier projectile being best. Recently I was watching videos by Bill Wilson, someone who likely knows what he was talking about, and he was promoting 9mm.
So I don't know what the latest answer is.

But in reality it doesn't make any difference at all.
Why does it not make any difference? Because right now you can't buy any of them!

It's hard to keep up.
For awhile the .357 mag was top in percentage of one-shot stops, .45ACP was second. Then .40S&W was gaining. People claim that 9mm ammo is improving but other people claim that a good projectile penetrating clothing hurts its effectiveness so now we're back to the larger/heavier projectile being best. Recently I was watching videos by Bill Wilson, someone who likely knows what he was talking about, and he was promoting 9mm.
So I don't know what the latest answer is.

But in reality it doesn't make any difference at all.
Why does it not make any difference? Because right now you can't buy any of them!

People have bought most of the ammo up thanks to the anarchist arsonists. I have been thinking about getting a Glock 20 10mm.

Back