New Griptilian!!!

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Randanator, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Randanator

Randanator

Aug 19, 2018
    Hey guys! Just got a new Grip in D2 with tan scales and a coated, serrated blade. Did I make a good choice? Also, looking for the best and easiest way to sharpen my serrations. I have a Sharpmaker, is there something that would do a better job?

PeaceInOurTime and Dallas T like this.
  2. effenoam

effenoam Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 19, 2013
    Most people reccomend the sharpmaker.

jux t likes this.
  3. Dallas T

Dallas T Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 6, 2013
    That’s a great choice, nothing wrong it if u like it! It’ll serve u a long time

4. DocT

DocT

Mar 25, 2012
    Sounds like you’ve made a solid choice.

5. BenchCo Spydermade

BenchCo Spydermade

Feb 10, 2014
    You picked a great company and a knife that I consider a classic. As long as you like the design, you can't lose. First time I got a benchmade was a bone collector and the axis lock action blew my mind. Enjoy!

6. ScooterG

ScooterG You mean Ireland? Yeah, it’s mine. Gold Member

Mar 15, 2016
  7. CVamberbonehead

CVamberbonehead Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 6, 2017
    Dont worry, Benchmade makes a fine knife and D2 is good steel.

8. TheEdge01

TheEdge01

Apr 3, 2015
    You made a good choice with Benchmade and D2 tool steel. Your Sharpmaker will get the job done. Just follow Sal’s instructions on your Sharpmaker dvd and you’ll be good to go.

9. Whitedog

Whitedog

Dec 30, 2005
    Great knife choice. They are all good. The Sharpmaker will do a good job. Never hurts to lean free hand method though.

10. kylemiller

kylemiller

May 18, 2016
    You're properly equipped. Michael Christy has an interesting video about free hand sharpening a fully serrated PM2 if you ever want to take it to the next level.

I love Benchmade's D2. It really outperforms most other D2 I've handled from production companies. In some ways even prefer it to their S30V.