New GSO 2.7 Thread

I got in on the pre sale tonight the 2.7 will be my 2nd S!k so now the ? Is which gets here first the 2.7 or the cru forge v!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yes, The big question! I bought a CRU FORGE V as Available, meaning will soon ship. That was three months ago

I got in on the pre sale tonight the 2.7 will be my 2nd S!k so now the ? Is which gets here first the 2.7 or the cru forge v!

I'm guessing the cruforge will get to you sooner. The cruforge should all be back from cerakoting, so they just need to be sharpened and assembled. I think some reached customers already. With presales, you're basically at the end of the line to recieve a 2.7. Monday orderers will get their factory seconds ahead of anyone else, then the folks who preordered on 2015 will get theirs and then people who placed an order today will get theirs.............. I'm basing this off of how it worked with the 5.1's in winter.

Yes, The big question! I bought a CRU FORGE V as Available, meaning will soon ship. That was three months ago
Did you see the part where they said they'd ship after cerakoting and that cerakoting would take some time? If they were advertised as "available and ready to ship" then I missed that. I do hope yours gets to you sooner than later :thumbup:

I'm guessing the cruforge will get to you sooner. The cruforge should all be back from cerakoting, so they just need to be sharpened and assembled. I think some reached customers already. With presales, you're basically at the end of the line to recieve a 2.7. Monday orderers will get their factory seconds ahead of anyone else, then the folks who preordered on 2015 will get theirs and then people who placed an order today will get theirs.............. I'm basing this off of how it worked with the 5.1's in the winter

Yeah I kinda figured so! I don't mind the wait if I did I wouldn't have hit the order button! [emoji12]

Very nice!! We ordered the same combo;) can't wait:D

I posted this in the 2.7 photos thread, but thought you guy's wouldn't mind it being here as well...;)

arrived in the mail today. From the July 5th 2nd's sale.

First impressions: Love it!

I'm really impressed with how filling and comfortable the handle is for such a small knife. Looks like I found my new detail skinning knife!

RDn7iRj.jpg

wZf2niV.jpg

pbunqDZ.jpg

Well, I do mind the wait. Not really. It will be tough waiting 2 months to begin with and I hope it doesn't take 4 months. I did order one and understood the two month wait. Hey, I want what I want right? Our deer season starts in October. Hopefully it will get here before then.

I'd rather wait two months than pay $300.00 for one on the secondary market. I guess I should have ordered 10 of them and resold 9 but I'm not that guy. :D

Has it been a couple months yet?

Has it been a couple months yet?

It's definitely not going to do me any good hanging out here. I'm trying to forget that I have one on order and let it be a surprise! Fat chance.

So I then picked up a 4.1 from a member over on the FB page. I'll have to content myself with it in the mean time. It will give me a new model to play with and develop handles for, figure out the machining for the fasteners, etc.

Just received shipping information regarding Factory 2nd order placed on Tuesday July 5th, order # 9490 :thumbup:

Silver Needle asked how the 2.7 fits/feels.
I wear a L or XL glove so for comparison my palms are 3 3/4" across.
Knife scales are Micro textured which is really nice & grippy.
No wiggle in sheath & I don't see any flaws on blade.
Thickness & length are great & knife feels like a natural extension of your hand...
This knife screams Field dressing,food prep,EDC ,box cutter,meat trimming,fire prep are a few examples where this little dude will hunt.
Very pleased!

Very cool. Glad you love it. Of course I'm looking forward to all the cool things specific about the 2.7, but I'm also looking forward to the new 20cv and it will be my first S! g10 experience.

Silver Needle asked how the 2.7 fits/feels.
I wear a L or XL glove so for comparison my palms are 3 3/4" across.
Knife scales are Micro textured which is really nice & grippy.
No wiggle in sheath & I don't see any flaws on blade.
Thickness & length are great & knife feels like a natural extension of your hand...
This knife screams Field dressing,food prep,EDC ,box cutter,meat trimming,fire prep are a few examples where this little dude will hunt.
Very pleased!

Nice! Congrats man. They sure do feel solid, don't they? Funny how the 3.5 seems big now in comparison.

As if they weren't cute enough before, the 2.7 just screamed for a scaled down uke......

Did you saw the full size version down HK?

Ya, chiral had a couple older 2-pc fde ukes that he made me a deal on. The newer ones (uke 2.0) is a lot heavier duty, but I figured this lighter, 2 pc. design would work good for the smaller knives. I cut it down to the length I wanted, drilled a couple new holes to attach the leather belt loop, and added an eyelet in the bend to make it a little more rigid. Works great.

Back