New GSO 2.7 Thread

Got in a few days ago the 2.7 (second) ordered end of July...will post up some pictures after I get a chance to use it on something. But I should say it fits my hand real well. flat part of my palm is 3 7/8 at widest, but have short fingers.:thumbup:

And here we are. Swayback ordered a SECOND at the end of July and has knife in hand. I ordered a FIRST on July 29 and no knife or shipping notice. I guess since I'm the one complaining the loudest, my order will ship dead last, if at all.

I'm curious, what was your order number?

I am happy some of the 2015 orders are starting to go out. Hopefully my August 2015 2.7 might be getting closer.

Well I hope this doesn't get folks riled up. Just glad I got my 2.7 2nd. I have a 3.5 on preorder and got this to hopefully take on my recent trip thru northern arizona, which did not happen.
I ordered this one July 18th Monday sale. And later , they offered the 2.7 as firsts to be shipped "in a couple of months" . The seconds were taking about 3-4 weeks to ship at the time of order, as from info gotten from various threads. It took longer. Sorry Hale for your wait...
if it matters my order number was 9603

Congratulations, swayback!

We've been riled long before you received your order. You played by the rules and that's how things are shipping out.
The order is: seconds/uglies THEN preorder firsts THEN presale firsts.

Looking forward to pics!

I think that somebody has ordered and received a second or ugly and then cancelled their starter campaign order.

Congratulations, swayback!

We've been riled long before you received your order. You played by the rules and that's how things are shipping out.
The order is: seconds/uglies THEN preorder firsts THEN presale firsts.

Looking forward to pics!

Thanks for clearing that up Silver. And Swaybacksteve, nothing against you at all buddy.

YES, we need pics. ESPECIALLY in use pics.

I've had my 2.7 for months now 😊 and I love it . Luckily it was the very first offering so there is no markings on it that say factory 2nds I am a luck man I also got the first 4.7s they sent out

I've had my 2.7 for months now 😊 and I love it . Luckily it was the very first offering so there is no markings on it that say factory 2nds I am a luck man I also got the first 4.7s they sent out

Which steels did you get both in? Have they performed to your expectations?

The 2.7 is 20cv and the 4.7 is 3v. I have used them both extensively and I hate to admit that I really can't tell the difference. Maybe it is my inexperience but maybe it is because I am fairly new to the knife game. I bought a master hunter in San mai three years ago and it's been down hill ever since lol. The only things I notice are that the 3v is harder to sharpen and I notice w food prep and certain chemicals the blade seems to take on stains initially but they end up coming off, not sure if it's because of this new peening they do but it does end up wiping clean

Finally got to play around with the 2.7 20cv, red micarta scales. My other new knife is a fiddlebackforge bushcrafter Jr in A2, so took turns with them the past few days. The BC jr will matchup with the 3.5 eventually.

I have large hands, but smaller Asian fingers:p that use large nitrile gloves or if using surgical gloves a size 7 1/2. The widest at the palm is 3 7/8". I find the 2.7 pretty comfortable not too short, as I was worried about and didn't notice it much during my session of play. the bushcraft jr was better overall, but it's a larger edc knife...the 2.7 was for a full grip edc, but as small as possible.
I have a JFleming weebil that is only a 3 finger grip and the 2.7 is more comfy in doing a try stick.
heres the weebil

grips

the 2.7 was very sharp from the get go...easily removing the smaller branches of this piece of applewood, which will eventually be a walking stick. Then did some de barking on some river Alderwood. Then a quick try stick.

then used it on a seasoned piece of alderwood on a cane currently finishing up and used a saw to cut it to the right length and then blunted the end of it with the 2.7. the stick had a couple coats of watco oil on it, but it was easy work.

it was still cutting paper easily and even better after a simple stropping on leather loaded with green.
it's a F2 but couldn't find a reason. not taking off the scales yet.
I like to front pocket carry my edc's and use a sharpshooter sheath that I modded to be able to carry a sak cadet.
It's a keeper.

Really looking forward to the 3.5 in delta 3v on pre order...maybe a 4.7 ugly betty will show up some monday.

Isn't it amazing how close to full four finger the handle on the 2.7 is ? Y hey did an amazing job with the contouring as well

Wow, just wow! Got my 2.7 in yesterday. Its my 3th Survive!Knives knife and it is great! The new texture is awesome and the fit and finish is perfect! It fits great in my medium hands in all configurations. The sheath is as always very good and I think it is even a little better than my 4.1 and 3.5 sheath. The laser engravings are very crisp and even the amount of stars are checking out! The new torx screws are looking awesome and they send even a torx bit with it.
I also got a little Rite in the Rain sample booklet, a sticker and some locktite in the package.
Together with my Olight S Mini ltd this is a great little edc kit.
Job well done Survive!Knives!

484B4D94-7D4D-42D6-B8E6-DFB4D6E2F934.jpg

52C4CBF2-1228-4507-9E70-B7368B2EC34F.jpg
[/URL]
F9384077-CD87-4C78-AB0B-C9D2DCF72BD4.jpg

Ruudr that's a good looking 2.7 you have there. I dig the textured camo canvas in particular as the colors seem to vary a lot from batch to batch.

Nice! I know you you were anxiously waiting this one for awhile. It looks awesome and I'm glad you live it. Great companion for your light!

I think they're through March and maybe even April, although I can't find anything to confirm about April orders. I ordered in July (I think that counts as a preorder even though the starter was over) and am expecting a wait yet.

Last edited:
Thanks. I've indeed waited patiently on this one. Worth wile in the end ;)

Awesome! You were really looking forward to this one. I'm glad it got to you ok and that you are so happy with it. :thumbup:

I think they're through March and maybe even April, although I can't find anything to confirm about April orders. I ordered in July (I think that counts as a preorder even though the starter was over) and am expecting a wait yet.

There are a few that needed handles touched up, otherwise all April orders have been shipped out.

Back