new guy question

panzer075

Gold Member
l am looking for a strider l saw, l think it is called seal 2000, anyone know if that is a production model, or is there a longggggg wait involved. also anyone out there got one for sale or trade? or for that matter anyone know where to get a tanto pt. with serr. quickly. not sure of model, but l want cord wrap handle. any help would be appreciated. thanks,
chris

I believe the Seal 2000 is a knife made by SOG and not by Strider. It's not cord wrapped since the handle is plastic. They generally run about $100. I love the knives that Strider makes and take my WB with me whenever I'm out in the field. Haven't broken/damaged it (seriously) yet. You get what you pay for, and who can beat the unconditional guarantee.

Panzer:

I asked the same question not long ago, and Mick Strider told me the following:

The Strider SEAL 2000 is a special model made ONLY for their Japanese dealer. The BT model it is based on can be ordered with the spine serrations and Tiger Stripe blade treatment, but without the "SEAL 2000" blade stamp for about $375, and a 6-month or so wait. Is this the knife you were referring to?

View

I know the Strider Guys are pretty busy right now, so I thought I'd help 'em out. I hope that helps you out too. For more info, try doing a search in this forum for "SEAL 2000".

--Robert

------------------
"They sicken of the calm, who know the storm."
RFrost5746@excite.com

My Knives
flag_blk_whtbns_clr.gif

[This message has been edited by rfrost (edited 11-20-2000).]

My guess is that SOG has a trademark on the name "SEAL 2000" for the US market. That's why Strider can name it like that only in Japan.

But as Robert already pointed out, it's possible to put the serration on the spine of other (here the BT) knives. Maybe they could call it SEAL 2001 then
biggrin.gif

i'm not too sure about the Seal 2000 only to there Japanese dealer. if you catch them at a knife show maybe, just maybe they might have a Seal 2000. that's how i got mine.
biggrin.gif

Back