New Guy with a question

Hello everyone I am new to this forum, I was about to pull the trigger on a Sebenza 21 when I learned that CRK now has the 31.

My question is do you all think the value of the 21 will drop now that the 31 has been introduced?

Historically discontinued models have gone up in price. Notice the prices of the Regular and 2000.

No, the value will not drop on 21’s that are new at the dealers.Don’t forget, CRK has to finish the orders they have committed to for the 21’s. Those prices will remain the same. Secondary market prices may drop, but I haven’t seen it yet. I would guess the sought after CCG’s/ Uniques will go up in price

21's will almost surely increase in price on the secondary market. They have a good following and people always want what they can't have. There are loads of them out there, so how fast or much they increase is unknown. This doesn't mean that they will automatically sell used(secondary) for more than dealer costs, just increase relative to what they are selling at now.
I however would not buy either the 21 or 31 based on it increasing in value. I would buy the one I liked and use it. 21's are certainly great knives and I expect no less of the 31

You’re not gonna see 21s sitting unsold any longer than in the past on the for sale forum.

I do remember the Classic 2000 disappearing very quickly when the 21 came out.

I just want to make sure I get the best knife possible.

The 31 is a better knife than the 21. It will take longer to get a 31 since it's still in production. If you can only have one, and are able to wait, get a 31.

Of course, I might have a little bias towards the ceramic ball interface being a undersold development since it was introduced on the Umnumzaan.

Personally, I think the more "run of the mill" 21's will see a slight price decrease for a while once the 31's start coming out and supply is sufficient for buyers to pick them up easily. There will simply be more buyers looking for the 31 instead of the 21 for a while and the price on the 21's might come down a bit to attract buyers. That and there are just a ton of 21's out there. I have no idea on production volumes but I have to imagine the 21's far out paced the classics and regulars by a very large margin. But again, I don't know the actual numbers.

That being said, I think some of the more rare or exclusive 21's will probably see a value increase. I know I've already seen people asking more for certain Wood Inlays, Uniques and CCG models.

Either is a great bet, with change minimal as far as performance goes. Pick up a 21, wait for 31's to catch up and come down in price... folks were asking crazy money for new "IMPENDA" models when they first came out , including dealers......

Unless policy has changed, the cost of the 21s will remain the exactly same at all dealers, with no “blow out” incentives. The only place you’ll see fluctuations is on the secondary market. CRK fixes the price dealers are allowed to sell their knives for. I recall, even recently, Sebenza 25s selling for full price alongside the (improved 25?) Inkosi, at authorized deslers.

When do the 31 become available for purchase approximately?

Fourth quarter of this year at the earliest is what I've heard. And that's just for the plain jane versions. Inlaid versions, probably next year sometime.

Back