New here, Help to identify a knife for a sheath

I am new here, so I am sorry if I sound ignorant. I am currently looking for a decent sheath for my knife. I cant tell what the maker or the blade style is. I can only really guess...but I deal more with swords so there is a big difference. I would call it a broad blade style hunting knife, but that is using sword lingo. I want to buy a good sheath for the blade because the flimsy leather one is cumbersome and weak (it is fraying at the edges after about 10 draws) to carry on my belt.

The blade itself is 9.5 inches and I would appreciate it if anyone could suggest who made it/what is is called by the maker I would appreciate it as well. I am assuming it is from a maker called "Trophy Stag" but I cant find it as a brand online...thus I dont know what the quality of the knife is and I dont want to ruin it by testing the quality because it was given as a gift.

image0.jpg

image0.jpg

Should I just shelf this knife and not worry about a sheath?

Welcome to Bladeforums.

That knife is one of several varieties of a Frost Cutlery Trophy Stag Bowie.

Frost Cutlery is the brand, "Trophy Stag" is the product line. Other than "Bowie", I don't think the knife has a name.

Last edited:
Frost might have a replacement sheath?
If memory serves (no guarantees or promises) Frost offered several sheaths with that knife. Some plain, some fancy with bead work, and/or quills, and/or fringe.

The knife is a Frost Cutlery TS-187 made in Pakistan. It came with a fairly simple bowie type sheath. You might find a replacement sheath at Frost Cutlery, or you can get a custom made from makers on this forum. Or you can contact Harry Savage, I have had several sheaths made by him.
E4MAr9.jpg
JtPM23.jpg

Last edited:
Back