New HK Axis Knife, but Not by Benchmade?!

Insipid Moniker

Gold Member
http://knifenews.com/hogue-to-bring-back-hk-knives-at-shot-show-2018/

The Axis lock patent is a topic that is frequently, and acrimoniously, discussed, but it looks like we finally have a definitive answer. Hogue is introducing the new H&K line and among them is what certainly appears to be an Axis lock model.

I like Hogue products for the most part and I'm excited to see what all they're bringing to the H&K line.

Looks like a product meant to compete with the griptillian, I have no issues with them using the lock though, they respected the patent and now it's gone. Such is life.

But come up with something awesome to use it on! !

Really? Hogue has significantly better F&F than Benchmade and if they're stepping in with Axis lock models that are comparably priced or cheaper I know which one would get my money.

Yes really. Just my opinion. While I don't agree with you I still honor your opinion as fair.

Kinda wish Benchmade would have stuck with the HK line but limited the number of offerings. I’d pick up a Mini Axis Lock today.

I guess that answers the questions everyone has been having about the axis lock expiring. Benchmade themselves seem to have been reluctant to outright state the patent had expired.

I hope we see some nicer offerings, these aren’t my style. The “flipper rescue” knife just is a modified Ex02.

http://knifenews.com/hogue-to-bring-back-hk-knives-at-shot-show-2018/

The Axis lock patent is a topic that is frequently, and acrimoniously, discussed, but it looks like we finally have a definitive answer. Hogue is introducing the new H&K line and among them is what certainly appears to be an Axis lock model.

I like Hogue products for the most part and I'm excited to see what all they're bringing to the H&K line.

I've liked the looks of the knives Hogue had put out previously, but I generally prefer to carry slimmer knives and knives that aren't pocket bricks (which is why I guess I tend to gravitate towards brands like Benchmade and and Spyderco rather than ZT, but I digress) so I've respected what they've done, but have been more on the sideline when it came to Hogue knives. However, that HK Exemplar looks sweet! Depending on the steel, if it comes in under/around $200CAD, I may have to see about picking one up!

I've liked the looks of the knives Hogue had put out previously, but I generally prefer to carry slimmer knives and knives that aren't pocket bricks (which is why I guess I tend to gravitate towards brands like Benchmade and and Spyderco rather than ZT, but I digress) so I've respected what they've done, but have been more on the sideline when it came to Hogue knives. However, that HK Exemplar looks sweet! Depending on the steel, if it comes in under/around $200CAD, I may have to see about picking one up!

Hopefully we’ll be able to get them up here without extraordinary measures thanks to the new dumb laws.

Last edited:
I'd be interested in the Exemplar, but the OTF is too expensive and the button protrudes too much. The Karma is one of the ugliest knives I've ever seen.

I'd love to handle the OTF, hopefully Hogue can produce a solid one.

You could try and find out how their last OTF turned out?
2.jpg

I'm very interested to see what Hogue and others do with Axis-type locks now that the patent has expired. I'm especially interested to see if it makes it to the "midtech" and custom worlds.

Back