New Kershaw slipjoints

They picked three good patterns to venture in with. Be interesting to read about them when they come out.

The Gadsen and Brandywine look interesting, but the Culpepper is a hard pass with that jimping. Good to see more makers entering the market, and keeping the slipjoint dream alive :)

They need to do a steel upgrade and different cover options in order to sell some of those! From my modern knife phase I remember them doing d2 well, that might tempt me...

The names are all of Revolutionary War Flags of the Thirteen Colonies - good choices and standard patterns. Would like to know who is building them (and where) for Kershaw. OH

Wanted to add, I dont mind trying one out. Hopefully if they prove popular for them they'll do other cover material. I think it bodes well that they're willing to give a go and not add unnecessary stuff like pocket clips and such.

If I'm buying inexpensive slipjoints I'd probably go with a Rough Ryder over one of these.

I'll pass.
All are a bit on the small side of what I like.
That stockman looks a bit … I dunno … "fragile"? … with that skinny blade.
I've less than zero interest in a single blade …
I have "enough" trappers already …

I'm sure they will sell a lot of each, if only because they are a "Kershaw".

I like Kershaw, but I think I'll pass on their slip joints. Just don't do it for me and I have/use a lot of slippies.
Rich

Last edited:
I applaud this effort.
They are certainly not must-haves, but the price point is perfect for gifting one to a youngster.
I think it says something that the company is dipping it's toes into Traditionals. They're testing the waters without too much of an investment. It'll be interesting to see what develops with these.

Looks like they are afraid to get their feet wet ("half measures", ha, ha, bingeing on Breaking Bad). Too much $ for another outsourced joint with that steel. Really safe patterns and nice handle material. If they could put some metal in the cutting part without exploding the price...., but I digress.

I have too many other knives with better materials to go backwards to a $35 knife.

I am but a knife snob :D

However, it’s a safe play to just stick to the basics when starting new knives that aren’t what they’re known for. Over time, I’m sure the line will expand and they will pair with a traditional maker for collaboration, much like Case and Bose.

Back