New knife and sheath finished, more to come.

Oops I guess I wasn't on top of it like you guys.lol

The knives arrived at my po box this morning. Unfortunately I can't get them until Friday. Ugghhh. Having to work sucks.

Too bad you have to work Mack, make sure to post some picks of the Santoku in action, I haven't finished mine yet I still working on sheaths for the other ones.

Just got the sheath made for the Boat scraper knife, I need to let the leather cure for about a week or so, it tends to get pretty soft with all f the manipulation going on with the wetting and tooling and the Sno-seal finish that I use. Then I can put the finally buff it out and sharpen it before shipping.

One thing new for 2020 is the addition of three bar tacks holding the keeper strap in place. It will keep the strap from sliding around when you trying to open and close it.
IMG_2055.jpeg IMG_2051.jpeg IMG_2052.jpeg IMG_2058.jpeg IMG_2057.jpeg

Just got the sheath made for the Boat scraper knife, I need to let the leather cure for about a week or so, it tends to get pretty soft with all f the manipulation going on with the wetting and tooling and the Sno-seal finish that I use. Then I can put the finally buff it out and sharpen it before shipping.

One thing new for 2020 is the addition of three bar tacks holding the keeper strap in place. It will keep the strap from sliding around when you trying to open and close it.
View attachment 1305345 View attachment 1305348 View attachment 1305350 View attachment 1305351 View attachment 1305352

Fantastic!:thumbsup: New owner will be one lucky SOB, whoever he/she is:D

The knives arrived at my po box this morning. Unfortunately I can't get them until Friday. Ugghhh. Having to work sucks.

Awesome, Mack! Can't wait to see some sweet pictures.

View attachment 1305345 View attachment 1305348 View attachment 1305350 View attachment 1305351 View attachment 1305352

Now that is a real beauty, Scott!

Remind me please - why is this pattern called a "boat scraper"? I love this knife and I'm very fond of boats and boat building but I don't see the two working together. Playing together :thumbsup: but the scraping part :thumbsdown: :)

Remind me please - why is this pattern called a "boat scraper"? I love this knife and I'm very fond of boats and boat building but I don't see the two working together. Playing together :thumbsup: but the scraping part :thumbsdown: :)

Hi Ray, this photo is of the original boat scraper knife that was seen Bo Randall being used to scrape the bottom of a boat in Walloon Lake Michigan back in 1936. Bo was unhappy about seeing a beautiful custom knife being abused in such a way he bought the knife and took it back to Florida and made his first knife in 1937. Bo Randall's first knife is featured on the cover of Sheldon and Edna Wickersham's book Randall Knives a Reference Book. Sheldon and Ednas's book is also on my avatar with a replica Bo Randall's knife that I had made. The knives that I make that I call the boat scraper, are not actual replicas to the original but my imaginative perception of that knife. The original boat scraper knife is located in the Randall museum.nJLCc3w.jpeg

This photo, is a photo of one of the replicas that I have made, of Bo Randall's first knife laying on top of Sheldon's book which features the actual knife Bo Randall made back in 1937.

Bill Scagel pretty much got Bo Randall started in knife making through a turn of strange events.

IMG_1334.jpeg

89993198_3002773766440761_5377249237266333696_o.jpg

89979026_3002779953106809_889014507504926720_o.jpg

90160336_3002780426440095_5995927409260494848_o.jpg

Pictures really don't do capture these incredible blades. The fit and finish is flawless. The leather work is beyond compare and the blades are as sharp as they are beautiful.

Hi Ray, this photo is of the original boat scraper knife that was seen Bo Randall being used to scrape the bottom of a boat in Walloon Lake Michigan back in 1936. Bo was unhappy about seeing a beautiful custom knife being abused in such a way he bought the knife and took it back to Florida and made his first knife in 1937. Bo Randall's first knife is featured on the cover of Sheldon and Edna Wickersham's book Randall Knives a Reference Book. Sheldon and Ednas's book is also on my avatar with a replica Bo Randall's knife that I had made. The knives that I make that I call the boat scraper, are not actual replicas to the original but my imaginative perception of that knife. The original boat scraper knife is located in the Randall museum.View attachment 1306079

That is the coolest story! Thanks for enlightening me. I think Mr Randall and I would have gotten on splendidly. I too would have been aghast at that use for such a splendid knife. I promise I would never use a Hanson knife to scrape anything but some over toasted bread.

Mack - those are beauties. A lignum vitae kitchen knife sort of belongs on a boat - ON a boat - not under the hull or in the bilge. Enjoy :thumbsup:

That is the coolest story! Thanks for enlightening me. I think Mr Randall and I would have gotten on splendidly. I too would have been aghast at that use for such a splendid knife. I promise I would never use a Hanson knife to scrape anything but some over toasted bread.

Mack - those are beauties. A lignum vitae kitchen knife sort of belongs on a boat - ON a boat - not under the hull or in the bilge. Enjoy :thumbsup:
Hell, I use my Hansons for whatever I need to cut. I may need to scrape my boat sometime and just may need to...

...no, probably not.

Great photos Mack, I’m going to have send my knives to you for photos from now on.lol

Back