New Knife being released on Webstore today

C'mon man. $200 for that knife is outrageous.

Thanks for the picture. That flimsy star-shaped molded plastic behind the washers might work OK for a while, but I really, really don't see it lasting well over time...unlike, uh, two solid titanium surfaces, for example. If you catch my drift...

To me the design looks far superior to that of the BM Griptilain with similar materials. I don't ever hear of people breaking or wearing out the pivots on Grips. Now that I think of it, it's pretty similar to the Spydie N5 except on the N5 there are no washers. So that would remove all possibility of rubbing/wearing away the handle material. Again, those knives are much more reasonably priced.

that italian knife has less metal than my spyderco native at $65... a really bad precedent in my opinion... causes one to wonder

that italian knife has less metal than my spyderco native at $65... a really bad precedent in my opinion... causes one to wonder

I had no idea that quantity of metal was an indicator of quality! :eek:

UD404485-500x500_0.JPG

I had no idea that quantity of metal was an indicator of quality! :eek:

UD404485-500x500_0.JPG

what does that knife retail for?

My personal carry Large Seb 21 has been in use since about 1997... no plastic and good as the day I bought it.... blade steel BG42 does everything i need for a working knife to do... I don't see it wearing out in my lifetime or in another lifetime

Last edited:
ti lock - don't think the 21 was out 1997 and in BG42...Large Regular, then? Mine has been holding up extremely well since '98, though the lock bar is starting to approach 'end travel' by now. I'd give it another decade or so...:)

TC, what steel came before the BG42... I am pretty sure of the date plus or minus a year or two

TC, what steel came before the BG42... I am pretty sure of the date plus or minus a year or two

ti lock - ATS-34, but my point was that the Sebenza 21 was not released until much later (2008). So yours must be a 'Regular'.

ti lock - don't think the 21 was out 1997 and in BG42...Large Regular, then? Mine has been holding up extremely well since '98, though the lock bar is starting to approach 'end travel' by now. I'd give it another decade or so...:)

Sounds like it'll be ready for a trip to the spa in 10 years. :)

Reactions: TC
I guess I need to study the time line on the sebenza... the regular sebenza timeline that is... regular, classic, 21 etc

"ALL IN 58 gr...The Nilte Raggio has a weight to performance ratio that will leave you speechless."

Thanks to kidcongo, I took a look at that new knife. From previous posts on this thread, it appears as though folks have NOT been left speechless. Kind of wonder how all this came to pass...not a fan.

I don't know what's so difficult to understand about this. The quality of Nilte knives is extremely high. They produce very very few knives and likely spend a huge amount of time on each knife in comparison with a company like Kershaw. That's why the cost is higher.

If you haven't handled a Nilte and think you can judge a knife's price by the cost of the raw materials, then I'm sorry, you don't know what you're talking about...

Basically, they're asking the same question that CRK fans hear about why are Sebenzas so expensive.

I'm not the biggest fan of this new venture, but I don't have an issue with it.

I'll hang back & wait for the M390 blade steel option.

Last edited:
If it ain't broke.......

I have one Fantoni knife, one of their Loveless designed Lone Wolf City Knife models. It's a good well made knife, that cost $125. It has a special Loveless steel and micarta handle slabs. What I don't like about Fantoni, is after Lone Wolf folded, they made a few "updates" to the City Knife and no longer give Loveless credit for the original design.

Fantoni has had some interesting collaborations such as with Harsey and I believe Terzuola. Can anyone shed light on the Fantoni company and how this Nilte company fits in? For example, are the parts by Fantoni, but the knife assembly, etc. done by Massimo Fantoni? Massimo Fantoni is the designer, but does he make the knives? Is Nilte a subsidiary of Fantoni?

I don't like the look; the blade has no point. On the specific subject, my feeling is the CRK website should sell CRK products and $200 is way to much for this type of construction no matter how good the design is. Per price, David Boye's cast cobalt bladed knives, with a 30 year design history, built by him, go for $190. This knife's blade is not made by investment casting as is David Boye's blades (casting adds cost), Massimo Fantoni is no David Boye (yet) and the knives are made by...Who? So in comparison, the price is high.

Back