New knife from Queen?

Half the people in the country probably got that same email. :eek: I hope someone can resurrect the Queen and S&M trademarks. I just hope they are a quality product. Since I live in Tennessee I normally don’t order from this retailer because I get hit with sales tax. Of course I can drive there in a couple of hours and examine what I buy. I still have to pay tax of course, but it’s nice to be able to handpick a knife! I’m looking forward to seeing and hearing some actually photos and comments. I might be up for a drive to the mountains this weekend! :) :thumbsup:

The pictures don't show any country of origin stamp
The other side of the main blade is stamped... QN1 over U.S.A.

Looking at the stock photo the knife looks pretty rough and crude
Rough and crude?
It looks very similar to a Case Mini Trapper in so many ways.
If it is anything close to Case quality, and made in the USA, and at that price, I'll call it a win.

Rough and crude?
If it is anything close to Case quality, and made in the USA, and at that price, I'll call it a win.
Oh, I missed that, thanks.
I guess I'm skeptical after seeing Frost's versions of "Keen Kutters" and "Miller Bros" on that website.

It looks Case-like to me, too. It would be great to have more cutlery companies manufacturing in the USA, and more options in the price point halfway between Rough Rider and GEC.

Rough and crude?
Looking again it does look a bit better than I remember from the photo I saw in my email this morning.

I received a response to my email. Here it is verbatim (I left out the responder's name.)

"There seems to be some as yet unrevealed secrets around the new Queen Mini Trapper Pilot Test Run. I think you are probably right that we, SMKW, own that brand now. Or maybe just a share of it. Who makes them? Some evidence points toward Bear & Son Cutlery, Alabama, U.S.A.. More Queen models should be coming.

I could be wrong.

Thank you for asking."

So there y'all are. Clears that up, eh? o_O

Why ?
Looking at the stock photo the knife looks pretty rough and crude, and overall I just don't get the obsession people have with wanted special or limited runs and such.

If this is the first knife released from the brand new resurrected Queen out of their new factory, I thought a special limited run would be a nice touch for the Queen collectors. I would like more concrete details though. I'll message Gilbert Cooper and get the information straight from the horses mouth.

Actually, I don't really see the point of 'resurrecting' Queen, it won't be the original in my eye made in its ancestral home. Towards the end of its time Queen was putting out some pretty bad stuff which I think diminished its status. So if somebody has bought the old equipment, old stock parts, the rights to the name and is proposing putting out 'Queen' knives it seems unconvincing to say the least. Far better to have stepped in and saved the original company, invested in equipment, retained the best workers, trained new ones put out credible patterns with good QC and in its original locale. Or start a completely new company, new name, new context using the pattern book of the former company. Therein lies credibility, an essential. This strikes me as a pedestrian effort shall we say.;)

I received a response to my email. Here it is verbatim (I left out the responder's name.)

"There seems to be some as yet unrevealed secrets around the new Queen Mini Trapper Pilot Test Run. I think you are probably right that we, SMKW, own that brand now. Or maybe just a share of it. Who makes them? Some evidence points toward Bear & Son Cutlery, Alabama, U.S.A.. More Queen models should be coming.

I could be wrong.

Thank you for asking."

So there y'all are. Clears that up, eh? o_O
That's about as clear as mud. :confused:
Why are they being so secretive? Something to hide?
Seems to me a stand-up company would be forthright about their products.

....I’m looking forward to seeing and hearing some actually photos and comments. I might be up for a drive to the mountains this weekend! :) :thumbsup:
Don't know if those "mountains" are open for business right now. We'll see but I certainly won't visit on a weekend.

Well if they are using Bear to make the new Queen knives. The feller whose gonna be making the Schatt and Morgan knives better be hitting them outa the park. The Bear ones certainly are not going to bring the Queen name back IMHO.

Russell

Back