New knife rumors: 2019 SHOT show

gamma_nyc

Gold Member
Some manufacturers have launched new models at SHOT show in the past (e.g. ZT).

Use this thread to post rumors, wishlist items, and pics (I can wish, can’t i?) of the new knives that might get launched there.

For me, my wishlist would include a larger ZT0609 and a titanium handled Spyderco Shaman.

Production collaborations from Gareth Bull, and some of the other SA knife makers.

A Cold Steel 3 Max. I would take a 3.5 Max, I guess. They haven't finished iterating the Steve Austin line in every color and size there can possibly be, so it's going to be at least another seven years before the design team gets bored, and takes another look at the 4 Max.

Yeah, I'm a little frustrated.

I see Hinderer is teasing a new release.
Rick said two years in the making. Looks like a bowie blade shape. No word on if it’s a folder or fixed. My guess is fixed.

I was hoping for a new Becker knife, but with the recent release of the BK62, that may be it for the year.

I see Hinderer is teasing a new release.
Rick said two years in the making. Looks like a bowie blade shape. No word on if it’s a folder or fixed. My guess is fixed.
I would love to see a lightweight, 4.5" or 5" bowie fixed blade from Hinderer.

However, my wish list would be for Benchmade to finally replace their blade coatings with DLC, a modern version of the ZT 0301, a re-run of the ZT 0560BW and a ZT version of the Emerson Sheepdog.

- Brian Tighe + Reate
- Peter Rassenti + Reate
- Finally a date for the Spyderco Paysan
- Updated ZT0850 without the Revolver Theme and maybe different CF (Either standard black, the black&white or maybe Blue Twill)

I'm pretty sure that I've read elsewhere that ZT has decided to get away from the artificial timetable represented by Shot and Blade and to release/announce their stuff throughout the year. That said, it's always interesting to see what's new, whenever they and others choose to show us.

I'd like to see Ethan and Kabar release something new too! Beckerheads are chomping at the bit for a new Becker blade!

I'm pretty sure that I've read elsewhere that ZT has decided to get away from the artificial timetable represented by Shot and Blade and to release/announce their stuff throughout the year. That said, it's always interesting to see what's new, whenever they and others choose to show us.

I'm expecting ZT/KAI to be there, present one ZT that is going to be ready the following months or two, and perhaps one new Kershaw plus maybe a Sprint either for Kershaw or ZT, just to have something new to show and still keep their new tactic of "present shortly before release".

- Updated ZT0850 without the Revolver Theme and maybe different CF (Either standard black, the black&white or maybe Blue Twill)

I'll second that nomination. I know that beauty is in the eye of the beholder but I consider the 0850 to be one of 2018's most profoundly weird and disappointing designs from a mainstream manufacturer. Aesthetics aside, though, it's nicely done, has butter smooth action and good ergos. I'd buy one right now if it were redesigned to the specs you mentioned.

I'll second that nomination. I know that beauty is in the eye of the beholder but I consider the 0850 to be one of 2018's most profoundly weird and disappointing designs from a mainstream manufacturer. Aesthetics aside, though, it's nicely done, has butter smooth action and good ergos. I'd buy one right now if it were redesigned to the specs you mentioned.
I think it would work well with some Marble or simple black CF, a geared backspacer with either a blue or a bronze ano/alternatively a dark tumbled finish (match the Lockbar and other Hardware), maybe just put a circle around the torx on the pivot (IE connect the single holes) and maybe do the same/something similar with the thumb stud, it's relatively minimal re-work, gives the knife a much more neutral look while being cost effective.

A Cold Steel 3 Max. I would take a 3.5 Max, I guess...

I’d be in on one, particularly if it was using thinner blade stock on the 3 Max. The scorpion lock would sweeten the deal too. If I’m dreaming, they’d be polite and kindly ask Spyderco to use the wire clip.

...They haven't finished iterating the Steve Austin line in every color and size there can possibly be, so it's going to be at least another seven years before the design team gets bored, and takes another look at the 4 Max.

Yeah, I'm a little frustrated.

I think we’ll see a scorpion lock sage from Spyderco before a 3 or 3.5 max from cold steel.

Back