New Koyote "GBB" has arrived!

Christof,

First off, I want to thank you for making such an awesome design! The fit and feel are fantastic and I really like the rustic, rugged appearance. I'm not good at "bushcrafting" tasks, but this "GBB" made shaving, cutting, and sharpening sticks and limbs an absolute breeze. The edge on this blade is no joke. Your craftsmanship is amazing. The sheath is perfect as well. Thanks again Christof!!:thumbup::thumbup:

Looks like Maple, great figuring. Maple usually ages very well. Gonna be a keeper.

Congrats on a sweet new blade!

No beer photos?! ;)

lol!

...gotta say with the tan maple, goes well with the darker beers!

I am working on more of these, I've had a few in progress ones get snatched up before getting them done (like this one!)

The maple is crotch cut, so not really a burl, but out of a tree branch crotch area. I often get a nice mix of fiddleback and sunburst type patterns.

My main real thought going into the design was about holding onto the knife when working- and keeping as much of the straight spiune as possible. I always do a lot of scraping.

Thbe challenge knife was the first of te "integral guard" GBBs. The only real difference is that for the competition I went with a thicker handle than my norm.

Christof,

I seriously think I want get a challenge knife with the same sheath and handle, but maybe a cleaned blade. If I pull the trigger, how long lead time and price. I am really impressed with that knife. Thanks.

Awesome. I will email you on it. I am doing the marathon drive back to nv from a family trip today, so tomorrow :D

one of this with flat handel botton should be better for drilling ?? more ergonomic not pointy handel digging in your palm?? what do you think?

I'd have to measure and I don't have it anymore :D

Generally these are running 4 3/8 to 4 5/8 inside length. (back of guard to pommel)

Back