New Linger WSK sheath.

Ken C.

Jack of all trades, master of none.
Staff member
Super Mod
jstroke on the forum contacted me about making him a WSK sheath. Here is the end result.

Jeff wanted to be able to carry the sheath vertically as well as horizontally. To do this properly I had to make the straps wider. The belt loop was a stroke of genius on my part. I didn't like the way the other loops on other sheaths looked or fit so I used 2 snaps and 2 double cap rivets to secure the male end of the snaps making it sit flush and preventing them from spinning. I also added rivets to the throat and the tip. This adds some durability to the sheath should the stitching ever become frayed or torn due to stressful use. The knife won't be able to come loose even if the stitching is gone.

Another added feature is on the inside of the sheath. I glued and stitched a thin strip of leather to the upper spine. This will prevent the sawteeth from tearing into the leather and prematurely wearing down the sheath. It also adds some stiffness to the sheath.

I hope you all like it. :)

I like it very much. How tightly does the knife fit in there?

I really like the sheath design!

L

The knife locks into place like Kydex. The joys of wet molding!!! I can hang the sheath upside down and not shake the knife out. I actually sprained my shoulder trying to do so!

now all i need is a wsk
since i know where to go for a sheath :)

Really nice. :thumbup:

Moved this thread into the Sheath Forum.

Ken, the loop design and added spine leather are both terrific ideas. I've made a few WSK leather sheaths and the spine is always a PITA because of the saw teeth. I really like that "S" strap vertical set up also. You should try to sell the design to one of theWSK companies before they steal it from you.

Paul

Nice work Ken! I too am always worried about saw tooth spines, they just seem to drool at the chance to eat up a sheath.

Back