New lionSTEEL Jack Knives

Now, I know these won't be popular with a lot of folks, but I love innovation and think it looks like a pretty cool new offering.

If I did this right the video will skip the modern knife in the beginning and go straight to the jacks. If not, they start at 7:40.

EDIT: Gary, I guess that didn't work and it started from the beginning. If I try to post just a link it automatically loads it as the video. Apologies if it's not okay.

EDIT 2: I'm not okay with that picture showing here, so, for those who are curious, go on YouTube and search for Knife Center for new lionSTEEL Myto Coming Soon. The jacks are in there.

Last edited:
Kinda neat but the corkscrew is a deal breaker for me. I have no need for one and don't want one on a knife.

Agreed but the European market might see it differently. Might be a shot at grabbing some of the lower end of the Fontenille Pataud type crowd. I also know a number of folks who are more interested in having a bottle opener and cork screw on their "knives" than they are the actual knife. Not sure they'd bee in this market though.

I do like the single blade.

Looks like they will offer lots of options - blade only, blade plus caplifter, or all the way (blade, caplifter, and corkscrew). Different materials and different price points. I have the Gitano and I like it a lot.

Looks like they will offer lots of options - blade only, blade plus caplifter, or all the way (blade, caplifter, and corkscrew). Different materials and different price points. I have the Gitano and I like it a lot.

The Gitano has a pocket clip so it is not okay as Trad fodder but it is a fine knife and good example of lionSTEEL's slip joint quality.

The Gitano has a pocket clip so it is not okay as Trad fodder but it is a fine knife and good example of lionSTEEL's slip joint quality.
I agree, the pocket clip is my least favorite part of the knife by a wide margin.

I like it (without the cork screw), I doubt I'll be buying one, but I like it. I wonder what the closed length is?
It's great that some companies are starting to produce quality slip joint knives with options and make them readily available.
I like the shape, I like the blade/tool choices, and I like the cover options. I say Bravo!

Back