New lionSTEEL Jack Knives

I’m also waiting for the release. The pattern is a really old European one, you can find a lot of old knives with a clip and a cap lifter, I really like the pattern (I’m European), it’s almost the perfect pattern, if it had a small coping blade then it would be perfect. Attached is a picture of a typical Danish flea market find, it’s no-namer but it’s sharp like hell and really sturdy.

Attachments

• 7D19181D-1155-4107-80E9-601ED02F7E25.jpeg
    7D19181D-1155-4107-80E9-601ED02F7E25.jpeg
    186.2 KB · Views: 54
I just picked up a GEC 38 on the exchange. It’s not too dissimilar to the new Lionsteel. It also lacks a half stop.

Tidioute Cutlery #38 Special Tractor Green Bone
Maybe they are staying true to the form of the pattern. I’m not sure but I’m a bit surprised because to the best of my knowledge, all of the previous Lion Steel slip joints have had half stops.

I’m certainly not complaining. I personally like the idea of no half stop.

Mike's estimate for these Jacks was by the end of the year. These came out WAY ahead of schedule.😲

I believe that the ones which are currently released are the Lionsteel version, which has the option of a single blade, two blade, or a three blade version with a corkscrew.

The Collector Knives edition in the photo that S Stelth posted (with a blade + cap lifter), which has different and better covers IMO than the lionsteel version is still yet to be released.

-Mike

I believe that the ones which are currently released are the Lionsteel version, which has the option of a single blade, two blade, or a three blade version with a corkscrew.

-Mike
Agreed. That's the one I was talking about when I said that Mike's estimate was by the end of the year. I can't double check because the reserve has been taken down but I'm sure that's what I read when the reserve was still up. Doesn't matter much as they are available now. Just wanted to clarify my comment above.

The Collector Knives edition in the photo that S Stelth posted (with a blade + cap lifter), which has different and better covers IMO than the lionsteel version is still yet to be released.

-Mike
They are both Lionsteel versions. Lionsteel released the Jack version (which both GPKnives and CK are carrying) and Caplifter barlow version yet to be released. Just ordered a Jack...waiting in anticipation :)

Agreed. That's the one I was talking about when I said that Mike's estimate was by the end of the year. I can't double check because the reserve has been taken down but I'm sure that's what I read when the reserve was still up. Doesn't matter much as they are available now. Just wanted to clarify my comment above.
The reserve for the Jack has been taken down because it is listed as available product already. Hope this helps. Look under Lionsteel Jack.

The reserve for the Jack has been taken down because it is listed as available product already. Hope this helps. Look under Lionsteel Jack.
I know. My point has gotten totally lost. I only wanted to point out that they were estimated for delivery by the end of the year and they showed up WAY early. That’s all I was trying to say.

wanted to point out that they were estimated for delivery by the end of the year and they showed up WAY early. That’s all I was trying to say.
Ah, sorry, wanted to be helpful :) I think I just ended up muddying the water instead 😆

Back