New LionSteel made Knive announced - Pohl Force Quebec One

For those LionSteel Fans- Pohl Force announced a new LionSteel made Knife on their Facebook page. Name: Quebec One - looks like a nice big bad ass Knife :D.

Data from their announcement:
  • Sleipner Steel
  • 5.9 mm thick
  • 193 mm Blade length and 315mm overall length

Andi

I held the knife (Q - quebec) in Mr. Pohl's boot in Nurnberg at the IWA show two days ago. It is Mr. Pohl's intepretation of the famous model 14 - Attack from Randall knives. For me it is a must have knife. Velvet will be inside of the kydex sheath not to scratch the knife:). There should be a polished and blacked version. I go safe some money because this babe aint gonna be cheap....

The Pohl Force Quebec is one serious knife with a 7.5" blade of Sleipner that's 0.25" thick. It looks pretty cool too. MSRP is around $450 for satin and $500 for black.

111d5bad2bbe358d95a0304fb98aca9b_zps2cda296a.jpg

c5155ce41c7246e39aaf4109f64555e7_zps3e2c6a9f.jpg

49fa954f75937efb26108f6f2d40538a_zpsb6624def.jpg

00b18831aea1dc6250dfa7952b847bb7_zpsc88ea31c.jpg

Last edited:
I held the knife (Q - quebec) in Mr. Pohl's boot in Nurnberg at the IWA show two days ago. It is Mr. Pohl's intepretation of the famous model 14 - Attack from Randall knives. For me it is a must have knife. Velvet will be inside of the kydex sheath not to scratch the knife:). There should be a polished and blacked version. I go safe some money because this babe aint gonna be cheap....

Here's a Randall Knives MODEL 14 – ATTACK knife. Pohl Force has received exclusive permission to reimagine it as the Quebec.

model-14LG.jpg

Last edited:
This is one classy fighter with Lion Steel quality count me in. Form the moment I saw it I was in love it would be a great addition to any collection. I was going to pick up the M7 but I'll wait for this :thumbup:

Too thick and heavy, never understood the obsession with 1/4" thick steel....especially not in a fighting knife. I'm guessing this is more a collectors piece?

The Pohl Force Quebec is one serious knife with a 7.5" blade of Sleipner that's 0.25" thick. It looks pretty cool too. MSRP is around $450 for satin and $500 for black.

111d5bad2bbe358d95a0304fb98aca9b_zps2cda296a.jpg

c5155ce41c7246e39aaf4109f64555e7_zps3e2c6a9f.jpg

49fa954f75937efb26108f6f2d40538a_zpsb6624def.jpg

00b18831aea1dc6250dfa7952b847bb7_zpsc88ea31c.jpg

I want to see a proper field review of this knife by someone who actually personally bought it and not have it given to them for testing/review. It looks the part but even for a military style blade, it will also look like sh*t after a while with Sleipner having even less Cr than D2. The chemically blackened version, really, what 50 bucks more than the satin version, come on? You can't venture anywhere near the salt water either with it so it relegates this knife to either collectors with the big bucks to wannabes/weekend warriors who like badass looking knives (ok fair enough). Ok for big wide guard lovers. I've been using Sleipner in the field not some desktop testing and it rusts pretty quickly and that's not in saltwater. While Uddeholm make great steels like ELMAX, I'm not convinced that Sleipner is just reinventing the D2 wheel. Uddeholm of course gives it great praise but steers well away from it's corrosion resistance. If it's PVDed that's another matter though.

Still it's one cool looking blade.

Too thick and heavy, never understood the obsession with 1/4" thick steel....especially not in a fighting knife. I'm guessing this is more a collectors piece?

I'd second that, way too heavy for a fighting style knife unless you are intending on building wrist muscles. Who in reality really takes a 450 buck knife or there abouts out in the field and thrashes it (not abuses it just uses it) Like who has busted their D2 blade? Sleipner was made to replace in some circumstances D2 in the tool making industry by lowering that Cr content but now appears a trendy knife steel. Lets see how it is in a year or so's time, whether it's still popular.

Have you tried a Busse TGLB? They perform quite well IMO... :thumbup:

Comparison of Pohl Force Quebec One, Busse Combat Knife Team Gemini Light Brigade (TGLB) and Fehrman Knives First Strike.

Quebec OneTGLBFirst Strike
Blade Length (inches):7.597.757.50
Blade Thickness (inches):0.230.250.25
Blade Steel:SleipnerINFICPM-3V
Weight (ounces):14.2517.918.0

I agree. 3/16in is plenty thick for a standard size fighting knife. 1/4in is much more suited for survival/camp knives. Then again, the design of the blade itself will have tremendous effect on the balance and overall 'feel' of the knife. For the Quebec One, at the price it's selling for, I doubt many people will actually use it...

Added the LionSteel-made Bastinelli Assaucalypse to these badassed fixed blades. By the way, BladeHQ incorrectly has the steel as D2 where in fact it's Sleipner.

Comparison of Pohl Force Quebec One, Bastinelli Assaucalypse, Busse Combat Knife Team Gemini Light Brigade (TGLB) and Fehrman Knives First Strike. They're all in the $400-$500 price range.

Quebec OneAssaucalypseTGLBFirst Strike
Blade Length (inches):7.597.757.757.50
Blade Thickness (inches):0.230.240.250.25
Blade Steel:SleipnerSleipnerINFICPM-3V
Weight (ounces):14.2515.717.918.0

Last edited:
I want to see a proper field review of this knife by someone who actually personally bought it and not have it given to them for testing/review. It looks the part but even for a military style blade, it will also look like sh*t after a while with Sleipner having even less Cr than D2. The chemically blackened version, really, what 50 bucks more than the satin version, come on? You can't venture anywhere near the salt water either with it so it relegates this knife to either collectors with the big bucks to wannabes/weekend warriors who like badass looking knives (ok fair enough). Ok for big wide guard lovers. I've been using Sleipner in the field not some desktop testing and it rusts pretty quickly and that's not in saltwater. While Uddeholm make great steels like ELMAX, I'm not convinced that Sleipner is just reinventing the D2 wheel. Uddeholm of course gives it great praise but steers well away from it's corrosion resistance. If it's PVDed that's another matter though.

Still it's one cool looking blade.

Haven't tried the sleipner, but other 8% Cr family blades are in my opinion more rust resistant than D2.

Back