New little utility/fighter/whatever you want to call it

Hey Guys! Just finished a new pattern and want your thoughts!

Overall is 8 1/2"
Blade is 3 3/4"
Steel is 1095...I'm gonna start using some newer steels in my knives here soon also..just an FYI

Here she is:
32791489782_809c9b2d0a_c.jpg

32101666184_f7e025161a_c.jpg

32101669064_f19c66581f_c.jpg

32101667534_ea7c360be7_c.jpg

This was when I was shaping it...gives a good idea of the wood color
32791491902_2a33eefc9f_c.jpg

I'd really love some thoughts on the design! it was a fun one at least.

That is an excellent blade shape! Beautiful piece.

Usually I only like drop point hunters with a nice guard so this one violates all my rules but......... I LIKE IT. I like it so much I saved the images. How much did you have to fiddle to get that to feel good in your hand?
Thanks for the fresh shot of inspiration.

Great looking knife and I love that handle!!!! [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

can't take my eyes off the handle long enough to give a proper assesment, but it looks really well put together. love the tapered tang into the hidden lanyard. great package

Very Kool knife!

I like the profile and love the handle! The three pins in the butt end, are they wood? Osage?

Steve
---------
Member, W.F. Moran Jr. Foundation
ABS AP

Daniel, I loved that knife when I saw it in the other thread. I make a similar pattern, and it's my most popular non kitchen knife. Owners rave about the comfort of the handle. Yours has a bit more pronounced but, but it's quite similar otherwise.

Daniel, I loved that knife when I saw it in the other thread. I make a similar pattern, and it's my most popular non kitchen knife. Owners rave about the comfort of the handle. Yours has a bit more pronounced but, but it's quite similar otherwise.

Thanks Warren! Yeah, it is pretty pronounce...but as you say it is a pretty comfortable style though it looks rather odd:rolleyes:

Very nice looking design, I like it a lot.

Thanks Scott!

Great looking knife!:thumbup:

Thanks Mate!

Does not look odd my my old eyes -- looks yummy! Nice flow the whole piece and nicely counterpointed between the soft long flow of the handle and the well defined edges and strong point of the blade. I also liked the display of the knife in the one image. Anyone should really enjoy owning that one. I find it high on the artistic scale of knife making. Well done indeed.

Back