Recommendation? New lock stick, and now early lockup? Help

I bought 2 massdrop threshers. Both were perfect. Did a blade swap and now one of the two has early lockup or not at all and if it does lockup if I fling it open it’s still only 5%, and when disengaging lock it has lock stick?

What’s the potential cause of the early or non lockup? How do I fix it?

I swapped the stop pin and pivot in case one of those were off just a little and it didn’t change. Is it the lock bar insert?

Do I need to add a ramp on the blade now?

YOwrcmG.png

9GBWjBl.png

Does the other one now have later lockup? If so I'd say it's just tolerances coming into play, and the tangs were initially ground to fit the individual knife.

Does the other one now have later lockup? If so I'd say it's just tolerances coming into play, and the tangs were initially ground to fit the individual knife.
Kinda what I was thinking too. I could swap back and forth to find out for sure. They both originally had equal perfect lockup so I’ll check.

Does lock stick happen when the angle of the lock bar insert is hitting the blade at more of an angle? Is it going to damage the blade where it’s sticking, especially if I fling it open to achieve a lock?

Thanks

I undid the swapping.
I have a knife, which exhibits very early lockup when the pivot is tightened too much.
You may want to try adjusting the pivot tension a bit.
What do you mean by adding a ramp?

Any fix? Ramping up the early lockup blade?
If you mean grinding the tang to increase the lockup, sure...that or grinding the lockbar insert are the only things that are going to change the lockup. Well, I guess you could turn down the stop pin too...that being said these are all EXTREMELY tricky to do properly even when you DO know what you're doing.

Yeah, like jumping out of a perfectly good plane.....

Russ

The reason I ask is a blade is normally fitted to the lock. A lock should not be fitted to a blade.

This is where the issue comes in. If there is no issue before the time why was the blades swopped?

Back