New Member - help with Knife refurb

Hi all,

Just joined and this is my first post. I'm posting to ask for help finding someone to refurbish an old folding knife for me.

As background, I was recently given an old folding knife by the widow of one of my best friends who passed away a couple years ago by suicide. It was a crushing blow to say the least and the knife means a great deal to me and another of my best friends - we all grew up hunting together and he used the knife on countless hunts we made together. I am hoping to have the knife cleaned up and possibly engraved with both friends' names, and then to give the knife to my other friend as a Christmas gift.

You don't need all that background, but I wanted to provide it to give context for what I'm hoping to do. I live in New Orleans and have not been able to find someone reasonably close to home that can do the work. I don't mind sending it somewhere as long as I can find someone trustworthy to send it to and do the work. It is not the nicest knife in the world, but obviously it has enormous value to me and my friend. I'd be happy to send photos once I've established contact with someone that can help.

Thanks in advance for any help this community can give me.

Welcome from central La. I can’t make any recommendations on the work you want done but hopefully someone will be able to point you in the right direction.

welcome to the forums ... and could you let us know what kind of work you are wanting done to this knife?

and what type of knife it is? ... if you could post a few pictures that would help us in trying to point you in the right direction.

There are a lot of members here that offer such services and I'm sure their followers will chime in shortly. Personally I've only dealt with one such member. @glennbad did a fantastic job converting an old Camillus TL-29 to a single blade and adding ebony covers with a nice shield. His prices were very reasonable. I'll have to post a picture later.

Thanks, guys. I really appreciate the responses. Here are a few pictures of the knife, assuming it works (no idea how to post pictures - I'm an idiot). I was just hoping to do general clean up, and possibly replace the cheapy plastic handle with something a little nicer. I was also hoping to imbed an engraving on the other side of the handle from the current engraving. I'm not experienced with this stuff, so am completely open to ideas and suggestions about how to make the knife nicer.

IMG_0424.jpg

IMG_0425.jpg

IMG_0426.jpg

IMG_0427.jpg

Back