New member, looking for some info

Joined here recently mostly seeking some advice about a knife a I recently acquired. Found it out in a field at my uncles and a co-worker believes it is an old Case. The only marking I can find that is visible is 7007. I think I see the outline of a C on one of the blades but it's very faint. I have this idea that I am going to restore it since it looks identical to a knife my grandpa used to carry. Any insight is appreciated.

https://s3.postimg.org/3p09vz6nn/IMG_3700.jpg

Thanks,

Troy

If you can make out any part of the tang stamp, the Case College site has a great breakdown of all of their stamps and the years during which they were used.

I don't believe 7007 would be a Case pattern number, though, since to the best of my knowledge those digits signify handle cover material (first), number of blades (second), and pattern (third and fourth), and a 0 in the second position would mean a knife with zero blades. :D A 7 for handle material is rosewood, which also doesn't look like the material in your photo. (Disclaimer: I'm not a Case expert, and the Traditional subforum here on BF is perhaps a better place for your question.)

More photos would be helpful in trying to figure out more info about your knife. :thumbsup:

IMG_3700.jpg

If you have a dremel and one of their soft wire wheels that make for them you can easily with care remove the rust on the blade and possibly reveal a tang stamp.
Then you can use some mineral oil, q-tips, and an air compressor to flush out the insides.

BTW this knife looks to me like it could be a camillus folding hunter not a case.
The longer of the 2 blades looks just like a camillus, and the other blade would've been the clip point main blade which has been broken and reshaped.

Correction this knife is not a camillus either, I googled 7007 folding hunter and it appears this knife is a John primble.

Last edited:
Hello I'm new here and I also have a few questions about The J.Primble 7007 stag handle hunter. I can't seem to find any info on this certain knife. I was told it was Case collaboration with Primble.I wouldn't to post photos but I don't know how to yet.

Back