NEW Mini Micro Bowie scratched by Mr.B

After Eric gave me the honor of checkering on his 92 and not messing it up too bad I built up my nerve and worked on my Mares Leg. Basically a 92 but shorter on both ends.
Here's the result. Finish didn't turn out nice as his but the checkering went well.

screen shot on windows

I think if there are no objections I'll tuck this in over in the Cantina since this is Yangdu's showroom and we're kind of playing show and tell here.

After Eric gave me the honor of checkering on his 92 and not messing it up too bad I built up my nerve and worked on my Mares Leg. Basically a 92 but shorter on both ends.
Here's the result. Finish didn't turn out nice as his but the checkering went well.

screen shot on windows

I think if there are no objections I'll tuck this in over in the Cantina since this is Yangdu's showroom and we're kind of playing show and tell here.
What are you talking about "finish didn't turn out nice"? I think it looks wonderful. Great job. I really love the work you did on mine.

It's actually not bad at all. I'm happy with it. I was hoping for darker but I didn't sand anything and the darker stain wasn't compatible with the previous stuff. Original I think was alcohol base and not even sure what I tried to put on now. Could be water base.
Does add some positive grip surface and looks fine.

Wow Mr Joe! That’s some beautiful checkering right there!! Eric, I know you will have a lot of folks envious of that gun!

Yup, some folks love it, some don't. I'm kind of partial to it.
Very few do it anymore, not sure why. It's no harder and doesn't take any longer.
It all just takes a long time. Very slow process doing it by hand.

Looking good brother, some fine scratching there. Im a huge fan of your skip line, and you did a fine job on Eric's and yours.

Thank you, I hope you like it. Enjoy
I wanted to get back to you and let you know what I think of the beaver sheath after having it for month. I love it! Specifically, how you formed the belt loop, nicely tucked tight to the sheath, since I mentioned I would have it in a pocket or tucked in my belt.

I really appreciate how sleek and slender it feels in my pocket. It's a lot of fun when someone at the office is opening a package and asks if anyone has a pocket knife and I pull this out. I enjoy showing off the sheath. People are interested because you don't see beavertail everyday. Today at a meeting someone pulled out there pocket knife and then out came all the guys knives for show and tell. I think mine was probably the most unique. Your sheath was just what this knife needed. I love it. Thanks again, brother.

Im glad you are happy with it, and that its getting some show and tell, the beaver is always a conversation starter for sure, most folks dont even realize what it is until you tell them. Enjoy brother.

Awesome man! Pugs sure know how to do it right! Thats my two cents but looks like you got a lot more cents than I:D Cool table!

Back